SOLVED Lost Cockpit View

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by corsa, Jan 26, 2017.

1. corsa

corsa Registered

Hello. I'm not having this problem, but a friend is -- he can no longer get to the cockpit view.

The Insert key toggles the views, but just between the bumper and roof cams, no cockpit. He was running for a few days in cockpit view with no problems, but today he loaded up the track and was in the bumper view.

He was using the Flat-6 mod, but he tried a default Honda and same problem. He also uninstalled and re-installed rF2 via Steam, same problem.

Any ideas on where to look next? Are there maybe some config files that don't get cleared out when you uninstall via Steam the he can delete manually?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Removing or renaming the UserData folder, then verifying & repairing files via steam, should put them all back to default. (the player\ files are all created from scratch when you run rF2)

I'm trying to work out if I can remember seeing something like this before, but google suggests not. Obviously the occasional mod (in rF1 at least) might have been made without a cockpit view, but not being able to get to one that definitely does exist is weird. You'd suspect a different keyboard layout but then it shouldn't go to the normal bumper and roof cams (more likely you'd cycle through all the car's cams, usually having side views etc). And generally cars have 3 Insert views, so even if there was a double-press somehow happening it should get to the cockpit after a couple of presses.

Strange.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Is it possible he just managed to move his seat position all the way forward? Only other thing I can think of is a stuck "Move Forward" camera control, but I don't think the default camera movement speed would get you far enough forward to not see the steering wheel.

4. corsa

corsa Registered

Yeah it is very strange, I googled around also and didn't see anyone else with the problem.

I'll have him remove the UserData folder and do the repair files and see where that gets him.

5. corsa

corsa Registered

He ended up uninstalling via Steam again, and manually deleting some files left over in the rFactor 2 directory, then re-installing from Steam and he has his cockpit view again.

6. sigur

sigur Registered

U can only change in file papametr Head Physics from 1 to 0 without deleting all the setup