Looking To See If People Are Interested In Site/League Mod Team

Discussion in 'Modding' started by TheScrapanator, Feb 5, 2017.

1. TheScrapanator

TheScrapanator Registered

I don't know where to put this thread but I'm curious in starting a mod team for a site that is still growing as a community.

Tracks and Cars.

I have a few series in mind.

2. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

You'll have a few things your going to have trouble with.
    Getting people interested and committed to the same cars as you.
    Getting a good 3D modeller. And Mapping. Mapping is vital to produce a good car. There's a lot of good models ruined by bad mapping.
    Good physics guy. Some think it's easy. I'd argue the latter.
    A guy who knows how to set a car up in-game properly. I mean properly!
    Some one who understands Alpha and how it works. Unfortunately it's ever dent a lot don't.
    2D artist. There's far more to this then just liveries.

So first you need to let people know what series and/or tracks you want to do.
    And what part you are capable/competent of doing. Please don't say "all" because that would be just BS.

3. TheScrapanator

Ok... I'm a complete noob at this, what do you mean as I am capable/competent of doing? Sorry in advance if this is a negative response to your input, I don't mean it to be.

As far as Series, here is my list, most of them are rookie, intermediate, and veteran difficulty in driving standards.

Global MX-5 Cup 2016-17

Toyota GT86 2016-17

Stadium Super Trucks 2016-17

Formula E 2016-17

Nascar Whelen Modified 2016-17

Nascar K&N Pro Series 2016-17

Nascar Truck Series 2016-17

As far as Track side of things, again, forgive me, I'm pretty much looking for tracks scheduled to run in that certain series if one is picked.

I'm open about anything if one is not picked,even historical series. Just keep in mind, tracks have to be for that series.

Nascar, I can deal with Machine's and Studio 397's work on track side of things, if done in time to race on.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  4. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

capable/competent;
    What's your talent? Do you do Physics, 3D Models, I do 2D, Textures. Liveries, Drivers, helmets and so on. Some think they can do it all but their dreaming.

NASCAR Fan much?

Some of those series will require more then one model. It's hard enough finding a good person to make one. You'd be better off to start with a single car series. MX5-Cup, Toyota GT86 or Formula E.

I think we get enough open wheel mods now.
    The most popular one out of these three "I think", Would be the Toyota GT86. It's a relatively new series and a popularly watched one.

We're already driving in a virtual world so doing Formula E seams rather mute. ALL Sim cars are electric but at least we can appreciate the sounds (though fake) we get from other cars.

Well, That's my 2 cents worth.

5. TheScrapanator

Gotcha, TBH, I'm not really into doing mods myself, too much detail for my head to even comprehend, let alone the amount of time it takes for a mod to get it done properly. I just wanted to see if anyone is interested. I think you are absolutely right with the Toyota GT86 series though.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  6. TheScrapanator

If anyone is interested in doing any of this stuff, please feel free to reply on here or message me privately.