Looking for Modders to Finish/Convert Nericksenna Phoenix 89 Layout (With Permission)

Discussion in 'Locations' started by djvicious, Dec 10, 2013.

1. djvicious

djvicious Registered

Hello modders,

I have spoken with Nericksenna, who has created the fantastic Phoenix 1991 layout for rFactor 1. He really needs some help finishing the 1989 layout and gave me permission to reach out to the rF2 community for assistance. Is this a project anyone would be interested in working on and bringing to rFactor 2?

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Formula%201%20Phoenix%201989%20Iceberg%20U.S.%20Grand%20Prix

This is a link to the project on the rFactorcentral page and where the track files can be downloaded. I wish I could do more for Nerick and the project but my modding skills outside Photoshop are negligible. I suggested that we get the word out here and bring this amazing track to the next generation.

2. Radar

Radar Registered

Can you shed more light into what tools was used to get it to 90% or so ? ie 3Ds Max or BTB or something else..

I'm not offering to help as I have a few projects going on at the moment, so adding another project will only further delay the ones I'd like to get released as soon as possible, however it may assist others who are interested as to how much extra work needs to be done..

You will get hands up from those who do simple conversions, and if the author is happy for a conversion then fine, however if you would like this track to be as fantastic as possible then 3Ds Max would be the best for achieving this.

3. tmbir

tmbir Registered

Hello Djvicious,

I can send you the conversion track RF2 next week if you want ?!

4. djvicious

djvicious Registered

I've sent another PM to Nericksenna with a link to this thread. Regular communication with him is difficult but hopefully I can find out answers to some of your questions.

5. nericksenna

nericksenna Registered

Hey guys!!

Thanks for any help on this.
    For info, I used 3DSMAX9 and 3DsimED. I can't get the issues figured out, and have completely run out of time to do so (new job, new life, new house, new girlfriend, etc).

For any info, I can help, send over my 3dsMAX files, whatever....

Cheers and merry christmas guys :)

6. nericksenna

nericksenna Registered

And yes I'm OK for conversions and everything, I just want people to be able to use this track and layout :)