Looking for info on a few RCD varialbles

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Strava, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Strava

Strava Registered

Is there any description for these RCD variables?

CorneringCaution = 60
    OverSteerThrottleReaction = 0.0
    UnderSteerEffectOnThrottleMulti = 125
    UnderSteerEffectOnLineMulti = 55

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

One way to learn is to put in ridiculous values. Then whatever behavior you are looking to alter becomes easily apparent. The oversteer throttle reaction is probably a timing value. Set at Zero (0.0) the AI react instantly to oversteer while throttling out of a corner. So increase that number above zero(0.001+) to see slower reactions to oversteer which will probably result in more lazy spins exiting corners.
    The other 3 are multipliers. raising the values above the default number will PROBABLY increase AI timidness navigating a corner, missing apexes and braking points.

3. Strava

Strava Registered

Haha. Yes, it's called black box testing. Something I've done far too much of with rFactor and other sims over the years. :p
    Thanks for your explanations tho. It helps me to consider what changes to try.

PatientRF2fan likes this.
  4. PatientRF2fan

PatientRF2fan Registered

Been wondering this same question for some time. Please post any findings if you could.

5. Stockers

Stockers Registered

Everything except for the OverSteer Throttle Reaction is found in the wisdom files after the AI has completed track learning. I've posted about this as I don't know how to read those files & possibly use the values.