Longbeach from IDT Simulations coming to rfactor 2

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Adrianstealth, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Looking forward to this one was a favourite in rfactor 1

If your interested please join me in showing your support : http://www.facebook.com/iDTSimulations

Click "like" & maybe an encouraging comment for IDT would be great !

I'm really hoping they release to us a beta version ( pre-gold release ) to enjoy during this phase of rf2

1 person likes this.
  2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

They are also running a vote for which track we would like next -it's on their Facebook page ( link above )

3. ethone

ethone Registered

We're working on Road America. I should probably contact Doug about that... :)

1 person likes this.
  4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hiya ethone

Great, road America is a great track -good choice, I've used the one in iracing alot, there is nice character in this track

mid Ohio mod in rf2 stands up to the iracing laser scanned version without a problem, think a bit of added pressure for modders when people will be comparing to a laser scanned version ( track surface character -cambers/bumps etc )

Good luck with this project

Hey do you know anything about long beach ?? Is a beta release close ?

5. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

yeah, RA was always going to be made by iDT when we were in with champcar but the photos and gps data we got just sat around after the meltdown. I'll be plenty busy converting my old tracks to rf2 for a few years, although I just finished Toronto conversion in a few weeks (its being beta tested now). Long Beach I had on hold until I figured out the corner worker issues I was having but its almost ready for beta as well. Theres always more detail I can add, its just a matter of how much is a good balance. I'll probably do Vegas and Cleveland after those are final. The only thing holding me back from releasing is when rf2 will be final. Theres no use releasing a track if your going to have to adjust maps, shaders and files right after the game release.
    [​IMG]

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

IDTDoug
    -thanks For updates, keep up the ood work, a more basic version release at beta stage would be great! You'll also receive lots of feedback

Keep the updates coming (-;

7. Mauro

Mauro Registered

great news IDTDoug! :)

8. Ryno917

Ryno917 Registered

Aw man, I'd love to get my hands on Toronto! :( I live right beside the Exhibition grounds the race takes place in (a slow enough driver that looks at the scenery should be able to spot my loft through the Princess Gates before they turn into T1!)

9. dradecki

dradecki Registered

My vote is for Cleveland Doug. I have always enjoyed the racing on that airport circuit.

10. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I think the best words to describe Cleveland is "one of a kind". Looking forward to this one.

11. ethone

ethone Registered

I'd add Long Beach to that, which is equally "one of a kind" as far as street circuits go. Trois-Rivières by Giles is the only gone that got close.

Yeah, I'm also really looking forward to your tracks Doug. :)

12. Mauro

Mauro Registered

OT: ethone, how is the development of road america?
    no dedicated thread?

13. ethone

ethone Registered

Not yet and not until we have something to show. The base re-do of the race surface is done, we're now updating stuff like the grass and adding new objects like the new garage buildings that were erected for NASCAR.

To go back on track, I really, really like Long Beach for rF1. The level of detail was really great all around but what I noticed most was the traffic lines and generally the road markings. That was one aspect I always disliked about the Monaco versions of F1C and the previous ISI F1 installments and Long beach best shows how I think street circuits should look like.

14. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Long Beach is great - all historical layouts and modern one. But it was still beaten by Vancouver (98 layout) in my personal rank :)

As far as Long Beach versions for rFactor go, 2007 by IDT is my favourite.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2012
  15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Yes agreed, longbeach is a great circuit, can't wait for this one

16. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

Long beach 2011/2012 version is in beta testing. Toronto needs a lot more texture work. The chroma colors arent working right between ATI and NVidia cards and it looks better without HDR than with so something isn't right.

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

IDTDoug

Thanks for update, I know timing is perhaps unpredictable but is there any chance of a beta test version of long beach this month?

18. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

I wouldn't count on it. tweaks and fixes take time and my real life just got very busy. The numerous graphical options allowed in rf2 make it take 10 times longer to test all the possible levels and AA settings.

19. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

update: Still working on getting flag workers functioning for LB, need to refine my maps that use chroma colors as they do not look well with AA turned on at any level.

20. Very great news! With Sebring one of the best track to drive! :cool: