Long waiting time between sessions or returning to main menu

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Gert-Jan van Osch, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Registered

I notice long delays (10s to minute(s) between session transitions. It resolved itself some weeks ago when the previous release candidate had an update. Changing session took several seconds which is acceptable. This went well until I did some laps on the Nordschleife track. Since that point these long delays are back no matter what track/car combination I drive. This behaviour also presents itself after starting up rF2 end just watching a simple replay.

This might be related but I also get kicked of the online server when I race at SimRacingOnline sometimes.

I have set the option to log trace files so I have these available in case it might help analysing my problem.

Hope to get a reaction or a solution because this is very frustrating especially in online events. It did not happen up to now that I got knocked of the server going from a 5 minute warm up into a race (5 minutes is a short time), but I get kicked off the server almost every time going from practice to qually when I am online for a longer (30 minutes or so) practice sessions.

2. Gert-Jan van Osch

I found out what it was. It was my one of my anti-virus programs that caused the delay. I think it kept scanning files

GertjanD, atomed and Lazza like this.
  3. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Interesting… I’ve had the same issue - both historically (I almost always lose the first 60 seconds or so of Qualy as my client won’t seem to recognise the server session has rolled over) and more recently. The recent release candidate(s) seemed to fix this - for a while - but I’m suffering again and have recently had similar issues with race starts where I either get dropped in to the grid very late - or on one occasion was able to actually start the race but had no laps recognised, putting me at the bottom of the leaderboard despite a good on-track position….

Which AV was causing you the problem?

4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Do you possibly have realtimelogging set to 1 in your player file? That will also cause a delay when switching sessions, due to saving a big file.

Woodee likes this.
  5. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

No - realtimelogging is off (zero)...

...but I can see my AV does jump to the top of my CPU activity list for a period starting immediately after i try to leave a session - looks to be a good avenue to investigate, thanks!

6. GertjanD

GertjanD Registered

What does real-time logging do?

7. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Not sure, Gertjan!

However, my session-switches and exits were perfect tonight now that I've set my AV to ignore my Logs and Userdata folders... Yay!

GertjanD and Lazza like this.
  8. Gert-Jan van Osch

I have malwarebytes running.... I disabled the rFactor2 folder for scanning and that did the trick for me. Did you already try to close all the background programs running in the right bottom corner of your windows. If this makes a change you can determine to find the one causing the problem by closing them one by one.