Long time gone back now..Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bill Thayer, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Bill Thayer

Bill Thayer Registered

I was gone for quite a while am back with questions. I'm getting back with the DX11 beta and it runnung fine, but what about all the rfcmp track files? Are they no longer good for rfactor2 on steam? I'm disappointed that some of my old favorite tracks no longer work. I have been to all the content sites and quite a few tracks are not there. Will all the old ones ( a few years ago ) be available again or do I have to live without them?
    Just asking.

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

They still work fine. You install them the same way as you used to.

3. Bill Thayer

Bill Thayer Registered

Really, that's great to hear... just drop them in the locations folder? Or did I forget that as well?
    I put the Poznan_Circut_1_01_F. rfcmp file in locations folder and it doesn't show up in the content list.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  4. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Just to qualify what Coutie has said, if a track is not on steam, converted from rF1 or otherwise, then you can download from various sites and drop the rfcmp's into your packages folder and install them from there. You can't just drop rF1 stuff into rF2.

5. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

Packages folder
    Then, launch the game, and click on "content" tab and install.

6. Bill Thayer

Bill Thayer Registered

I'm on Steam now and there's no going back is there? I now wish I didn't delete all my old rfactor2 folders and Stuff as I called it.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Why would you want to go back? The game is updated, and you can do everything you could do before steam.

8. Bill Thayer

Bill Thayer Registered

I know that the game now (DX11) truly is much better. I'm just missing quite a few good track that are not available in the new content.
    The old rfcmp don't fit anymore and I really do miss the special track like a nords for example.