Long-standing, developer-ignored problems LIST

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by UsedMomo, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Well if they add a proper cluch/gear box simulation I hope they also add damage for impact. Sometimes you can see a car having a side hit on the wall a bit hard but with no apparent damage to the car, then it cant move because the impact messed up the gearbox.
    I said it once but since rF2 have this tire model I think they should apply that logic to the rest of the car. Simulate more stuff and in more advanced ways and make use of look up tables for that.
    Tho that would make modding more complicated :) I mean imagine if you had to use the 3d model to make proper aero running CFD :D

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

If anyone is making 60s vette, should contact you now !

I am experimenting with physics for the car which is in my avatar, there are plenty parameters for gearbox, but I don't know yet what are the possibilities.

3. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Parameters for the gear-box are one thing; having proper gear-lash and drive-component flex modeling in physics is another. Most Sim-titles are missing something that RaceRoom has and that title isn't known for having the deepest Sim-physics.

IRacing does very convincing drive-train behavior imo. They also capture some very subtle interaction between engine fuel mixture and drive-train that can be heard and felt in motion. For example, when the engine experiences a rich condition or turbo flutter and it stumbles or stutters, it can be felt in motion effects.

Ozzy and TJones like this.
  4. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I don't agree with all of the issues (i.e #1), but would like to add simple stupid thing( I'm baffled why it's not implemented):
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/hud-small-enhancement-feature.61032/

Also for some people Mercedes AMG GT3's FFB is broken(goes light with high steer angle).
    Also sometimes replays are in slow motion.

5. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

Reflections fps seems to be locked to something. It doesn't matter if you set reflections quality to high or low settings. Very annoying thing. In Forza shadows have fps lock but reflections changing in real time.
    Just found video illustration of this thing:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  6. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

AC has the same i think (reflections). With low setting they are lower res and lower FPS, and with higher setting the resolution goes up + FPS.

7. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

@Alex72 I can't see any changes in rf2. Low or high settings seems doesn't affect reflections tiks.