Long loading times

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by enagee, Oct 14, 2014.

1. enagee

enagee Registered

Hi,

Am having really really long loading times from the game(860) loading to loading a track, i think a track took 2 mins or so to load, even clicking drive takes 10 secs.

unistalled the game a couple of times. Had no problems previously, any idea?

Win7;
    i7 2700K, 3.5ghz, gtx 780,12gig ram, ssd, 120gb, 3tb hhd

2. Minibull

Minibull Member

The first load of a track can take longer as shaders are being built up. You may find after an initial load up, things are a bit quicker.

Something sounds a bit funky there though, something running behind the scenes sucking up your processing/HDD power?

3. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Since 860 I can click to select car 5 minutes. Then track.. another 4 or 5 minutes. Then hit race. All in all roughly 10 minutes to get on track... no exaggeration. Always after I have been online and the ui reverts to spinner view. In list view the time is halved and I have tried all the fixes for list view to remain but they don't work. Pretty rediculous loading times but I just make a brew while its loading. One other problem. Almost every shut down of the sim results in it hanging or ctd and I have to Ctrl alt del out.

4. enagee

enagee Registered

Thanks for the reply, its definitely an issue. ive had this running fine.
    From the launcher it took 1:27 to load the game and 11mins to start the race. That is not normal and highly frustrating

i have GSC Extreme , assetto corsa installed too and no issues so doubt it any process in the background, i have also killed off some background processes with msconfig.

Any help/ideas appreciated

5. matf1

matf1 Registered

Can you detail the uninstall/reinstall process you used?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

6. enagee

enagee Registered

Not much to uninstalling and reinstalling
    unistall was straight forward from the control panel, deleted remaining folders, reinstalled on c drive (initial install was on D drive which was fine) and replaced package folder with my one. i have tried the install on both drives .

7. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

This is exactly my experience and is getting worse...

8. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I am trying to eliminate certain things, so fresh install...didn't work, remove plugins...didn't work, run without Simvibe...didn't work.
    It is the most annoying thing coming out of Multiplayer and the UI reverts back to Spinner view, what is the point of it, the vast majority of 3rd party cars and a lot of tracks have no image anyway, I wouldn't miss the spinner view if it was taken away tomorrow, all it seems to do is slow everything down. List view I can cope with 2 mins to go on track, Spinner view 10 minutes, No.

9. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

You Guys didn't show your computer specifications (4 colored squares icons under your nickname) so we can't compare with our configuration an experience. I don't have at all those huge timing you have here. Launching rF2 from the launcher take less than 30 seconds before being in the game. The track is the longest time to download, even after the second time (so shader already computed), for example, The Ring Tourist take something like 30 seconds. All that installed on a 1TB 5400 T/S HDD. Selecting car and track is immediate on list view (I never use the other view) even if heavily populated (tons of car/tracks). I only play offline, could possibly explain?( no vmod, etc.).

10. matf1

matf1 Registered

I have the spinner issue but loading in general is fine. The light installer with 1 ISI car and track to a different location (Core and data) has the same result?

11. enagee

enagee Registered

pissed !!! Reinstalled for the 8th time on c/d drives and no joy...timed the last session 16 mins to load lime rock!!!!!

12. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I found a work a round. I installed the minimilst Ui and spinner issue is gone and tracks loading pretty normal now.

13. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Ah good idea, Steve :)

14. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

I've always had a very, very long startup time with RF2.
    It started from the very first build.
    Along the way, I 've done auto updates and completely new installations but that condition has never changed.
    The tracks load normally and the game runs fine once it starts but I always cross my fingers when I double-click the desktop icon to start it.
    I went as much as thirty-five seconds once between launcher to splash screen.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2014
  15. hmaia

hmaia Registered

I have build 880 installed. Some time ago, I don't remember which build, RFactor 2 started to take a long time to load, compounded by difficulty to get to the race screen. Some times you have to click the race button 10 times (you hear the sound indicating the key was actuated) and nothing happens. When it finally load, the screen is stuttering, with the spotter displaying jerky movements. Sometimes the game starts normally, but this is happening very seldom. Once you get the screen stuttering, you have to hit the "leve track" buuton several times before anything happens., i let my registration expire, hopping that the program would finally be completed, but now I am having second thoughts. I had an older Nvidia Gtx 260 that ran the game without problems until I believe build 760, just installed a Nvidia GTX 750. The difference in graphics and FPS is amazing, but the problem still persists. I have Rfactor and GTR2 installed, both running beautifully with great FPS, but Rfactor2 is starting to get frustrating.
    Anyone had this problem?

I will uninstall after saving packages, and re-install to see if anything changes.

Specs:
    Mainboard : Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P
    Chipset : AMD 790X
    Processor : AMD Athlon 7850 Black Edition @ 2800 MHz
    Physical Memory : 4096 MB DDR2-SDRAM
    Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750
    Hard Disk : Western Digital WD10EZEX-08M2NA0 ATA Device (1000GB)
    Hard Disk : Western Digital WD6401AALS-00L3B2 ATA Device (640GB)
    DVD-Rom Drive : ATAPI iHAS124 B
    Monitor Type : HannsStar HZ251H - 25 inches
    Network Card : Realtek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
    Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition Media Center 6.01.7601 Service Pack 1 (32-bit)
    DirectX : Version 11.00

16. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

Just some food for thought.... Anytime I have had to re-install rF2, or for that matter "Any" software, I make sure that I run a registry cleaner and remove
    all the entries for the software with issues.

I swear by a product called Revo-Uninstaller http://www.revouninstaller.com/

It has some other very useful tools if you explore the software.

I use this on our servers when changes need to be made.

If you choose to try it, Open the software, it will show all the programs on your PC.
    click the uninstall rF2...and follow the on screen prompts..

At the end, it will scan your registry, and display all the registries for the program...select all and delete..

I am just highlighting for those going to give it a go.. and for the ones that have never used it...

Dave

NRT