[REL] Lola T70 Spyder

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by CrossPly, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Carlo

Carlo Registered

Stunning, beautiful, outstanding work. I wish I had some of your talent.

Thank you so much for sharing this.

2. philman

philman Registered

Many thanks. Very nice work: hope you will continue with the coupe (see my avatar).

3. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Thanks, great job. The original car was very nice, your's to.

Cheers.

4. bwana

bwana Registered

fantastic.. so much fun and look brilliant . great job

5. CrossPly

CrossPly Registered

Thanks Everyone! Glad your enjoying it so far.

Although I wouldn't rule it out completely, the Mk3B Coupe is not at the top of my list at the moment.

The HG4 is quite close in appearance to the Mk3B Coupe, much more so than the HG6 is to the Spyder. I think it would be a much more straight forward project if someone was going to tackle it.

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Why not say "screw it" and morph the thing into a Chaparral 2D? :D

7. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Then grab and update gtl models and update physics with mandatory GTL disk etc :p

8. CrossPly

CrossPly Registered

It's a bit OT for this thread, but sorry, the GTL models will never (legally) make it into RF2.

A few years ago SIMBIN/Sector3 updated their policy with regards to porting their content to new platforms (basically RF2/AC) and deemed that a CD check is no longer an acceptable solution.

As such the new version of HistorX (whichever platform it ends up on) will only contain whatever models they have made from scratch.

Source: http://historicgt.fr.yuku.com/topic/3110/Cross-Conversions-Open-Letter-to-The-Community-from-Simbin

9. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

Love this mod. Really fun to run with H6 Howsten and the other Lola mod. The other Lola is faster but still fun to run with.

Someone said Chaparral....One of my favorite cars from my youth along with the Scarab, my brother and I had slot cars of them! A little OT but someone said Chaparral ...

davehenrie likes this.
  10. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Thanks for this, looks great. :cool:

11. noroardanto

noroardanto Registered

Thank you! love these cars.

Anyway that we can adjust the driver size? seems too small compared to real life.

12. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Finally able to test and very impressed so far. Thanks for all your hard work.

Question for anyone. Where can I learn more about specs for these cars. Did a google search and couldn't find much about MK 1 at least. Also how do classes (that I if understand correctly is used for AI force setup) map to various individual settings that I have to select (small, medium, big wing etc.)? Hard to tell by spinner because as mentioned selections are not reflected in spinner. What am I missing?

13. CrossPly

CrossPly Registered

You can't, but I can. I'd need some convincing that its a genuine issue though.

Your example photo on BSim is a driver of unknown build with a modern helmet and safety gear so didn't really do it for me. I'd be more interested in a comparison from the 60's, when the drivers were generally thin and the safety gear virtually non existent :)

Its hard to match the angle and focal length of a photo exactly but this is the sort of look I'm going for:

View attachment 17279

I'm not saying its perfect but drivers come in all shapes and sizes and it seems close enough to me. I can see much more annoying issues in that comparison pic anyway ;)

In real life, the substantial difference between the Mk2 and the Mk1 is basically chassis weight. There were probably lots of other minor differences as the cars evolved over time. The most notable other change being the removal of the spare wheel from the nose (by the time of the Mk2, the regs no longer required it).

In RF2 terms, my T70 Mk2 is ~28 kilos lighter than the Mk1 (a slight adjustment from the HG6 to account for the changes to the upgrades). ISI also gave the Mk2 an upgraded engine which gives an 90 extra hp and for now at least, I've left it the same.

With regards to the class upgrades, class selections work visually in the spinner but they are not applied on track. You *can* use them in the spinner to see what upgrades each class has, just make sure you select the individual upgrades to match. Otherwise, you can always refer to the .veh and upgrades file to see who has what.

Half Roll bar = Mk1, Full Width Roll bar = Mk2, the nose, mirrors, and tyre upgrades have no influence on performance. The wings should be fairly self explanatory.

14. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Thank you so much. I absolutely love this car. Great quality. Cheers

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

15. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

@CrossPly, many thanks for info :D

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I don't think we'll ever get or need more perfect than that driver size comparison!!!!!

17. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Comparison looks good to me. At first glance, it looks as though real driver sets lower, but looking second time you can see that the perspective of true car is from a higher position and it makes it seem that your driver is setting higher. You see more interior of true picture, making him seem lower.

18. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

And the virtual driver is larger/burlier than Sir Stewart...... ;)

19. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

Great job! Thanks for all your hard work.

Can you make the side mirrors independently adjustable? Right now, they move together.

20. Cheeveer

Cheeveer Registered

Not bad. Not bad at all. In fact, freaking awesome! Love the attention to detail. Thanks a lot for this add-on!