[REL] Lola T70 Spyder

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by CrossPly, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Gracie Dylan

Gracie Dylan Registered

Hi, thanks a lot some great tracks there! I do plan on getting all of Sergio Loros tracks, I had them in AC & simply amazing, the one person I'd pick to do an OG Green Hell.

2. Gracie Dylan

Gracie Dylan Registered

Again am Loving this mod! Figured I'd give skinning a go, grabbed the templates went through the guide and a few threads etc. I have alt.dds altWING.dds & altWINDOWSOUT.dds as well as the rf2 generated alt.mas, the RCD brings the Driver/Team up but then the wings and window are being a bit weird...... Am I doing something wrong? Ive done the same thing on 3 other skins for this and they're working fine so far. GRAB_076.JPG GRAB_079.JPG

PS: all DDS are flatten before saving as DDS.

Mauro, Corti and pascom like this.
  3. MagnusD

MagnusD Registered

I’m not 100% sure(unable to check atm) but perhaps when you flatten the image the alpha layer disappears or some other reflective or specular layer. Is there a reason you flatten the image before saving as .dds? I’ve never heard that it’s needed to do so. The whole STP-car has some weird glow so that might be worth checking up on.

I did try to do the windows on S397’s Oreca 07 but I never got it to work despite having correct naming structure on the files, sadly I never really bothered to investigate that much on the matter since I felt it was only a minor detail for my particular skin but this sounds/looks almost like the same issue.
    So my answer might not be that much of use to your problem, perhaps someone with a bit more extensive knowledge about this particular car could chime in with a solution? :)

Edit: Come to think of it, perhaps some files need another type compilation, perhaps DXT3 or DXT1 with explicit alpha, just a thought!

4. svictor

svictor Registered

In GIMP, right click any layer and select "Merge visible layers", then right click the merged layer and select "Layer to image size" (important step to keep image size correct in GIMP), then make sure this layer is still selected (GIMP export will only save currently selected layer), save it as DDS DXT5. This will ensure you have alpha channel preserved.

GPNeville and Corti like this.
  5. Moe Faster

Moe Faster Registered

please, don't fix the rattle . . . I like it
    could use some new sneakers