Lola T280 by PIXSIM [WIP]

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Mauro, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Copef1

Copef1 Registered

Thanx, that did it. I didn't know VLM had updated it.

I just did some laps at Mid Ohio, and Sebring. Very fun car. Thanks so much for this Christmas present

2. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this car!

I can not thank you guys enough! I love it. Think it needs refining a little but wow it drives so well! My test track for every mod is always Croft and i know within 3 laps if a car is right or not driving there and this is brilliant. I can't belive how well it powerslides and how it behaves when in a powerslide, realy really rewarding. Alot like the BT20 in terms of rewarding feel.

Honestly i really hope this inspires others and this is the mod to kickstart rF2 in terms of user made content, it's brilliant. I'm so hyped for HistorX i can't tell you BUT this will see me through. Model looks good, nice sound and nice FFB.

Thank you again. Love it!

3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I can't stop driving this car! :D It's popular online too, I see why!

Just a few problems:
    - Backfire fickering/freezes.
    - mirrors can't be adjusted properly.
    - mirrors don't work for "Richard Mille" car.
    - Rear tires penetrate body when suspension is working hard on bumby roads. For example the long straight, Spa (Default setup).

Maybe someone else could confirm this, so it's not just me.
    Thank you again PIXSIM :)

4. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Totally agree with the braking, it feels gutless and needs alot of input. This is some of the parts i feel need refining. But the core physics feels really great, car digs in, rear is very detailed, feels weighty. Most of it is there but yes the braking is very weak. We also need a proper clutch now from ISI.

The braking reminds me of the pre-patch Team Players mod for rFactor a few years back, the riley mod, Grand Slam i think it was. The braking until patched was really weak

5. Pitbi

Pitbi Registered

Very very very nice job guys!

Thanks you!

6. antgen

antgen Registered

What can i say...... Amazing job
    Thank you and Merry Christmas to all

7. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

(I hope you don't mid, Pixsim) I took the car (unedited- just the car) and packaged it with some older add-on tracks (included with mod) and the ISI historical tracks. (not packaged with it- I assume everyone has them installed already)

http://www.mediafire.com/?211w9jvj5gulbfb

-60's Hockenheim
    -70's Watkins Glen
    -75 Kyalami
    -Mountain Forest (hey- it COULD be historical!)
    -75 Nords
    -70 Silverstone

-67 Monaco
    -Brianza
    -67 Spa

Server is called T280 Classic- No Assists! (bring your clutch and h-shifter!)

8. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I think the car drives just as it should.
    Big grip from those huge rear tires until you are not carefull, great power which you feel as you rev, unbielievable soundtrack!!

Tiny refinements could be for me, better leather for this lovely wheel (some leather cracks on it?), better texture on dash (a bit blurry now), better sculpturing of switches and loose wire and it will be a dream cockpit! (Smiths are awesome!!)

I dont know about brakes, not powerfull, but were they then?

9. A13

A13 Registered

Fantastic work.
    Thank you very much :)

10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Very nice, I think I'll really like this sim-car, feels about 80% complete but shows alot of promise !

Thanks PIXSIM for allowing us to test

11. tjc

tjc Registered

Well I`m not going to be at home for a few days yet but I`d like to add my thanks too PixSim...

Really looking forward to giving this a try... soon though.

Cheers again. :)

12. kr1nz

kr1nz Registered

Didn't had time to test it, but thank you for that christmas present!

13. Duvel

Duvel Registered

Happy to see this released, love it!

But i have one big criticism - at a low fov, like 32 (triple screens here), the cockpit is pig ugly. I really wish more mod makers would create cockpits so that they look good zoomed in. Niels Corvette Z6 mod is a prime example of a great looking cockpit when zoomed in. It's almost 2013 and I think it's time mod makers focused on high-res textures, higher poly model cockpits. Might as well be an rfactor1 mod from 2006 in terms of cockpit quality. Sorry.

The newer cars from ISI have pretty nice cockpits, i'd like to see standards rise.

*EDIT* with all settings maxed out, things look a bit better than my racing settings, but still, the mirrors are so low poly, and a few textures could do with being higher res, etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2012
  14. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Cars of this period were infamous for having poor brakes. Most sims underestimate how bad brakes were in the past!

The only bug I see are the low res rear view mirrors. However given the issues this sim has with mirrors- ANY are good to me!

15. clock

clock Registered

Thanks so much for this car...
    Is really nice to drive, and yes i think the same on brakes (is not more power that we need, is more information that have to give the car while braking)..

I found a bug, the engine could not be burnt...I go on 5 gear at full speed, and put 1 gear, normally the engine explode and burnt, but with this lola, the engine continue working perfetly...???? is no engine damage?.

Maybe the engine sounds are little high?? some friends think that are so high volume on the engine, when you drive that car could not listen on TS, or other things, and so low sound on tires, i never heard the tires i could be sliding but i could not heard them..

Best regards Clock.

16. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

A+

Excellent. It drives almost exactly how I imagined it would. Only comment is that it seems a little too easy to drive but that is not based on any science whatsoever. Just gut feeling. Raced on Toban and mid Ohio but not much at all so maybe need to give it some more time and some more tracks before final judgment. What tracks are you offline people driving this car on?

17. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

I just tried a race at Spa with 19 AI cars. 97% strength.
    By lap 3 most had crashed. I just ended the race, since there wasn't much point in continuing.

Beautiful car and it drives great. Lots of fun.

18. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

Sometimes when it loads the rear view mirrors do not work (they have a fixed blurry image), the sound seems weird at times (Louder in some spots on tracks) and some tracks like Nords I hear other cars engines over mine (that are no where near me on track). Another thing I have noticed is what seems like an LOD issue, cars dissappear and re appear depending on the distance from me.

19. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Registered

just raced around at Croft and LRP, and boy what a ride that was! Just purely awesome, and that sound is rediculous! You've revitalized my interest in rf2, I love this thing!!

During replays, other than the disappearing at distance (varies by track for me), the motion of the car on the road is pristine, i really like watching it flail into corners. Excellent job!!

20. SripleTix

SripleTix Registered

Hi.
    I have a little problem with this (great, awesome!!!) mod. When I try to race with 19 other cars, I can only see 3 or 4 of them, although I set car visibility to 20 cars. All other mods or original cars on any track work fine and I can see all other cars, exept here.
    Any help? Tnx.

Example: