Logitech Shifter with Leo Bodnar cable

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by davehenrie, Feb 24, 2023.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I've had my logitech G27 shifter in a box for years. I finally got a Leo Bodnar cable hooked the shifter up to my last free USB port.
    In the game I created a new control profile to use the H-pattern shifting and everything assigned correctly(once I remembered how to engage the reverse slot lol). The buttons all work, POV works.
    But then I tried to create a sequential shifting control profile. I rotated the knob to only allow a forward and reverse movement of the shifter and tried to assign up and down shifting. The game would not react to the forward or reverse motion of the shifter. Anyone with a G27 via Bodnar setup? Can you get the sim to read the fwd/reverse movements for upshift/downshift?
    Since it's being used with a Fanatec CSW v2.5 wheelbase, how can I even see the shifter in Windows to verify if it works in the windows enviroment first?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
  2. doddynco

doddynco Registered

What's happening in the windows usb controllers screen?

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Windows 'sees' the logitech shifter, (win11) but I don't see any method of testing any of the buttons or motions.

4. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Try this..

Click start
    Type 'usb' and press enter
    Click the device name then click properties

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Thanks, I probably never would have found that...sheesh...everything lit up EXCEPT those two sequential shift points. The green LED indicating it is locked in as Sequential is lit up but nothing registers on the windows properties screen for those two inputs. When the unit is set for SEQ, there is very little travel on the stick itself. I wonder if it is binding somewhere and just not reaching the contact points.
    I found a calibration app on the Bodnar website, but it does not work. Everything is greyed out like it's looking for a Logitech wheelbase and can't find it.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2023
  6. doddynco

doddynco Registered

And you know that the adapter is compatible with the seqential mode of your shifter?

7. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Or perhaps, is 3rd and 4th gear supposed to be the seq output?

8. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Yeh if there is very little travel it may well be. Have a look on youtube and see if you can find one to compare yours to in seq mode.

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I will, thanks, I MAINLY wanted this for the H-pattern shifter, so this isn't a biggie. If I want sequential I can still use my paddles.

doddynco likes this.