Logitech G29 profiler going off

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Gogui96, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Gogui96

Gogui96 Registered

Hi all.

I've bought a Logitech G29 just a couple of months ago, i've noticed that the profiler goes off in the middle of a race. it's just quite annoting because i lose the ffb and the wheel rotation degrees config, and driving a car with 540º with a setup of 900º is not a good idea. Is there any way to solve this issue or at least, any way to have the 900º recognize by the game correctly.

Greetings

2. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

It's the other way around. :)
    The game sends the car specific degree of rotation to your wheel.
    (Enable vehicle set in the controler settings.)

Just make sure you've enable "allow game to make changes" in the logitec profiler.
    Whatever degree of rotation you've set in logitec profiler doesn't matter.

rFactor 2 will send the car specific degree of rotation to your wheel.
    This might be 900 degrees for road cars, 540 degrees for open wheelers, 120 degrees for go-karts, etc...

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just be aware others have had this issue with the G27 etc (nearly the same wheel, same software), some seem to have luck with different USB ports, reinstalling drivers, etc, others just have no luck. The best 'fix' is to set the profiler to what you want under the global device settings (not an individual game profile) and forget about the game changing it to suit the current car. Obviously that's not convenient, so you might find a better option or an actual fix that works for you, but doing it that way at least means you'll never have that switch mid-race.

4. Booth_doberman

Booth_doberman Registered

If you're going to just use the global settings in the profiler, you might as well skip using altogether and just run joy.cpl, where you can do all the same settings. I suspect the profiler just calls that in the end anyway.

5. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

I solved the problem ;)

Go to "...\UserData\Controller\", then edit "Logitech G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel USB.json".
    Find this entry in JSON and change values to :
    "Steer Ratio Speed":0,
    "Steer Ratio Speed#":"Speed at which low speed steering lock override ends (for pit navigation, units are meters\/sec, 0.0 to disable)",
    "Steering Sensitivity":2,
    "Steering Sensitivity#":"0.0=low 1.0=linear 2.0=high. These are applied after other controller effects like deadzones, digital",

Then launch game, in control panel clic "Detect", your G29 parameters are loaded. Set your control. You must chose "Vehicule set" (or "Car set" I'm not sure I've french UI :p
    Then for FFB smoth on 7 is good, minimum torque on 16% is a good value for me ;)