Logitech G27 settings

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Nano, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Nano

Nano Registered

Hi, I'm looking for a good setting for the Logitech G27, I'm dealing with the original profiles but I do not get satisfactory results. Thank you.

2. Booth_doberman

Booth_doberman Registered

In Global Device settings, I have this top to bottom
    Enable centering spring checked
    Report combined pedals unchecked
    900 degrees
    Allow game to adjust settings checked

What are you trying to achieve or correct?

3. Nano

Nano Registered

Thanks for the setting in Logitech profile.

The problem is in the game, control options I'm lost with: steering rate - speed sensitivity - car specific multiplayer - ffb smoothing - ffb minimun torque.

For example with the McLaren MP4 / 13 only with default values it feels good.

But that setting I can not use in touring cars and not with GP3 since it feels annoying (very hard sometimes, do not feel the asphalt on the straight for example).

Is there a general control configuration that works well for all types of cars?.

Thank you.

4. rocky289

rocky289 Registered

Here it what I use

Steering Rate 21%
    Speed Sensitivity 0%
    FFB Smoothing 0 - 10
    FFB Multi 0.3 - 1.0
    FFB Min T 5 - 10%

Variation is for different cars or tracks

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Steering rate isn't used for wheels, so don't worry about that.

Speed sensitivity is best left on 0%, but if you're used to giving the wheel a healthy turn every time you enter even fast corners you might want to raise it to avoid scrubbing your front tyres too much. The best option is to learn to not turn too far, but that takes hours of practice.

FFB smoothing should be as low as you can handle. With a G27 that comes down to the rattling noises, 6-10 is probably a fair range for most people, I've known people to use 0 for maximum FFB fidelity but they're putting up with a noisy wheel.

FFB Mult you want as high as possible without FFB clipping - where the output is stuck at full in either direction, giving you no actual feedback during that time. Often 0.7 is a fair starting point, consider using telemetry to help verify that FFB output isn't excessive or too low. Too low is better than too high for feel, but it obviously feels weaker which is less impressive.

FFB Minimum Torque might need adjusting as you change the FFB mult, people use it to avoid the dead feeling around the centre of the wheel movement, you can usually turn it up a bit (say 0.08 to 0.12) and see if you can feel it 'click' as you drive through the middle of a chicane or similar, and turn it down a little if you can. It just keeps the wheel feeling live as you turn in and on a transition, but you don't want it causing that notch across the middle. Too high will also lead to oscillations when driving straight. Personally on the G27 I had it on 0.06.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  6. Nano

Nano Registered

Thank you very much Lazza I really appreciate your answer very much.

Car Specif Multiplayer comes by default in 1 now I lower it to 0.5 and it responds much better, it's like rediscovering the game!!