Logitech G27 Availability

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by lespaul20, May 16, 2011.

1. lespaul20

lespaul20 Registered

Anyone know why the G27 isn't available anymore? It's no longer on newegg.com, Amazon (for the MSRP) or direct from Logitech.

2. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Funny you mention it, I just noticed yesterday when I went to get the software for my G25, the G27 has dropped in price from when I last checked, $299usd direct from Logitech. Then I clicked add to cart to see how much shipping was (also to see if they shipped to AU) and it said 'out of stock' :/
    http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/wheels/devices/5184

[ED]
    http://forums.logitech.com/t5/PC-Gaming/G27-Availability/td-p/585642

3. lespaul20

lespaul20 Registered

Thanks for the info mianiak. I guess I was hoping for the next revision to be out but as long as it's not disconnected altogether that just as good.

4. Stroker

Stroker Registered

I ordered a G27 from Logitech just over a week ago, and although their website said it was out of stock, I received it in 3 days. I know a few other people who have gotten one recently too and had no delays at all. There are also 20% Logitech discount codes available on eBay for a few bucks, to save $60.

5. bellatina

bellatina Registered

This thread is aimed especially to those who know, what the issue with the Logitech G25/G27 wheels is. As we know, there's no official support for the wheels in GT5 yet. The reason, as discussed in many threads before, is giving the Thrustmaster T500RS an easier start on the market and making it more popular, with the G25/G27 being nerfed in some ways. The issues are not major, but they could influence the thinking of some future customers and make them decide upon the T500RS, although it's a lot more expensive.
    This thread is aimed especially to those who know, what the issue with the Logitech G25/G27 wheels is. As we know, there's no official support for the wheels in GT5 yet. The reason, as discussed in many threads before, is giving the Thrustmaster T500RS an easier start on the market and making it more popular, with the G25/G27 being nerfed in some ways. The issues are not major, but they could influence the thinking of some future customers and make them decide upon the T500RS, although it's a lot more expensive.

6. Almsfan

Almsfan Registered

7. franko2607

franko2607 Registered

I know its available now anywhere I go, amazon, newegg so it must have been just a temp low stock issue

8. lespaul20

lespaul20 Registered

I think it was just a temporary shortage. I ordered a G27 direct from Logitech a couple of weeks after I created this thread, while the Logitech website said is was out of stock, and I got a shipping conformation the next day.

9. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Just so you know, you can phone logitech sales department in your area and ask for coupon codes. I know guys who have done this and gotten 10% off coupon codes or mail in rebate codes for their G27. All they did was ask!!