Logitech G27 and MOMO have different behaviour

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MaBo974, Jun 1, 2013.

1. MaBo974

MaBo974 Registered

Hi all, I just bought a G27 wheel replacing my old good MOMO Racing. All is working fine but there's something I can't explain. I was using the MOMO with this settings: 240 degree range (its physical limit) and 12 degree of steering lock. The G27 have 900 degree range but I'd like to raise my steering ratio later so I've set it to the same settings (240° range / 12° steering lock). I've set also 240° in the Logitech profile. The problem is that the steering ratio is very different, I have to turn the wheel much more to turn at the same radius as I did with the MOMO. Doubling the steering lock seems to make the G27 behave like the MOMO. How is it possible that the same settings (240° range / 12° steering lock) give a different steering ratio on different wheels?

2. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Change the settings to 900 degrees in the logitech profile and allow the game to adjust for each car.

3. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Do you have the "vehicle set" button checked (green color) in the Controls menu?

Such feature sets the wheel rotation per car basis and it is a good way to have a realistic rotation in any car.

BTW, feel free to visit the italian sub forum, for talks in our native language.:)

4. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I can see you set the wheel rotation in the profiler, but where else did you set it? Was it in game or in Windows that you were referring to? If you didn't set it in game, then that perhaps could be the issue. If you did set it in game, what is the setting in Windows?

5. MaBo974

MaBo974 Registered

I've set 240° in both logitech profiler and in game and "vehicle set" is not selected. Does "Steering rate" works when using a wheel? I left it to the default value (20%).

6. ORA-Oldie

ORA-Oldie Registered

I also run low degrees of wheel rotation (@240), coz I am a lazy old man. I have to alter the Steering Lock to at least 16 or more to get the G25 to turn at the same ratio as the in-car wheel.

Hope that helps

7. MaBo974

MaBo974 Registered

I've found the answer myself :p. Here is the "culprit" in the Controller.ini:

Steer Ratio Speed="20.00000" // Speed at which low speed steering lock override ends (for pit navigation, units are meters/sec, 0.0 to disable)

The above is set at 20 for the MOMO and 0 fot the G27. So I suppose ISI set it at 20 for low rotation angle wheels. Good to know :)

That's all. Thx for the support guys.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Fair enough. It's usually a good idea to reduce that figure to 10 or less (10m/s = 36km/h = 22.4mph) to avoid having the increased steering in very slow corners anyway, but now you have the option of adding more rotation (and keeping the centre the same as you had) you won't have trouble getting out of your pit bay :)

Interesting how nearly every reply here was off-topic.

9. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Interesting find on the steer ratio speed. I will have to look into that more to see how it affects the overall experience with the wheel later on.

10. MaBo974

MaBo974 Registered

I must say that the setting above works fine if you have a MOMO or similar wheel. With my steering lock (12°) it's a must or you can't even exit the box. I was not aware of it until I switched to the G27!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2013
  11. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Hehehe, I have been in a situation where my lock was too low to get out of the box at Sebring track. too funny trying to not damage the car before I even got onto the track :)