Logitech DFGT Wheel with rFactor 2 Beta?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nickbalti, Jan 12, 2012.

1. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

rFactor 2 Beta detects my wheel fine, and even though a few of the mappings are a bit random I'm not that fussed.

One of my biggest problem is the fact that my FBB is stupidly over the top, I go to break to a stop at about 5mph and I can feel my humerus about to snap!

Secondly, and probably more importantly, is that when I go to turn left or right I have to turn my wheel around 3/4 times just for it to happen. I have tried different settings but can't master it. Any ideas?

2. richiespeed13

richiespeed13 Registered

This is very odd mate, I have a DFGT linked to G27 pedals via bodnar cable, and I have no issues whatsoever.

I hope you get it fixed soon though.

3. patryksok.

patryksok. Registered

I have no problems with my DFGT too. You have all deadzones to 0? And sensitivity to 100?

4. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

Yep, deadzones at 0 and I've even tried sensitivity to 100.

Here are some screenshots -

These are the settings.
    [​IMG]

This is the actual wheel turned to the right 1/4 turn.
    [​IMG]

This is the actual wheel turned to the right 1/2 turn.
    [​IMG]

5. nivam

nivam Registered

What is the "(200)" I see next to 900 in the steering wheel range option? I have DFGT detected ok and it shows only the 900 value!

6. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

I'm not sure mate :(

And I changed it to 900, the vehicle had it set to 480. The higher the number the better it gets, but even at the highest (1440) it's still not great. I wonder if its only treating it was 200 degrees.

7. patryksok.

patryksok. Registered

nickbalti, change Sesitivity from 200 to 100, and set 900 deegrees in Logitech Profiler. And enable Vehicle set ;)

8. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

Thank you, I have noticed a slight improvement :D

Now, does anyone know how to lower the FBB! It's honestly killing brain cells by the second!

9. kmw

kmw Registered

This doesn't make sense. I have the DFGT and have not had these problems. My wheel turns almost exactly the same as the in game wheel. First, how high is your FFb set in the Logitech Profiler software? (I have mine deactivated - i.e. Use special FFB device settings is unticked). I have Special steering wheel settings' ticked and set at 270 at the moment, but still experimenting with that. And 'Use special game settings' ticked, plus 'allow game to adjust settings' is ticked. Try these first and see if it helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
  10. Big Takeover

Big Takeover Registered

I was having the same problem yesterday with my DFGT. It also corresponded with the handling of the cars mysteriously going off.... it just didn't feel the same.

I found the problem was the steering assist in the difficulty settings somehow got turned on to "low". I turned it off, and the 1:1 steering and all the feeling came back.

11. patryksok.

patryksok. Registered

Turn off all aids.