Logitec profiler observation//help needed

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by smbrm, Nov 11, 2016.

1. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Today I had occasion to open my logitec profiler. When I attempt to open my G25 I received the following error: Windows Shell DLL has stopped working followed by Event monitor not responding. Logitec profiler has never given this error before and now consistently produces the error meaning the profiler is basically non functional. The G25 still works in Rfactor2, but I cannot modify with the profiler.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this before and has any solutions?
    Profiler version is 5.10.127 date 06/14/2010 64 bit, on windows 8.1. There is a new version on the Logitec website listed as 5.10.127 date 03/14/2016 which no doubt adds stuff for newer wheels, however I'm not sure why the windows shell DLL would not function or whether updating would be a solution?

Appreciate any suggestions or info.

cheers
    Stephen

2. John Fehner

John Fehner Registered

Does, or did the G25 work with Rfactor 2?

3. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Hi John

The G25 worked both before and after I started receiving this error. I did download and install the latest version of the Logitech profiler software. This did not correct the issue. The G25 never stopped working in Rfactor2, just the profiler.

Fast forward: Since my original post, my bios clock stopped. This has been an ongoing issue over a period of two years. This is the third time it has stopped and the only way to restart was to change the bios battery. Accumulated experience showed that the original factor battery lasted about a year and subsequent bios batteries only lasting six months! Needless to say my z87 board(known for bios clock issues but not this particular one) has been replaced with a Z97. At the same time my OS SSD was showing some corrupt sectors, so it was also replaced, all free under extended warranty, Cheap Insurance! Still rebuilding and haven't yet reloaded profiler and Rf2. Will report back after that is complete. Profiler software was on the original SSD, Rf2 was on another drive.

4. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Further to this discussion. After new motherboard, new windows SSD, and Logitech device software reload. Problem appears to have gone away. It did appear briefly when I attempted to contact the wheel through the Logitech profiler before the profiler had completed device identification and setup. After setup was complete the error did not show. I am wondering if the original problem was caused by the Profiler somehow losing the information or connection to the wheel Profile/setup. So I don't really think it was related to motherboard, but "may" have been related to the bad sectors on the SSD.

Anyway, it seems to work now.

5. John Fehner

John Fehner Registered

Cool, I love good news.....:D