SOLVED LOD activation location

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by toebee, Apr 7, 2017.

1. toebee

toebee Registered

Does anyone know know where the lod activation point is located for track objects? Is it the closest vertices? Object center? Pivot point? I am trying to figure out how much I should split objects and haven't been able to find any info. Any help would be appreciated.

2. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Most be pivit point, since I know it's not closest vertice, and can't be object center as they all have to be 0,0,0 - but that's just my logic talking ☺️

3. Bernd

Bernd Registered

I would say the only logical Point is be the Center of the Object.
    Everything else makes no Sense, at least for me.
    And @WiZPER It's the Pivot Point of the Track Objects that has to be 0,0,0, as long as they aren't movable, not their physical Position. ;)

toebee likes this.
  4. woochoo

woochoo Registered

It's the centre of objects.
    If you're running into lod zoning issues, you could try to copy one triangle in your mesh and move it away from the rest of the mesh. Then the centre of the object will be in a new place. You can sometimes use that when dealing with tricky sight-lines and high-poly objects.
    With that i draw out a simple circle shape to determine lod radius, and where the centre of the 'triangle-biased' mesh needs to be to get the right distance/position.

The pivot point is used for basic rotating animation of objects, like rotating signs, or helicopter flight paths etc.

toebee likes this.
  5. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

I stand corrected ☺️

6. toebee

toebee Registered

Thanks for the clarification and tips guys :)