Released Loch Drummond v1.1 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 20, 2013.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

So it`s a car problem rather than a track problem Luc...

I`ll mention it to Ales and see what he says. I`ll test ISI cars now. :)

2. tjc

tjc Registered

Just tested with the ISI vette amd Camaro and everything was fine with the rims showing behind the fence as they should.

Must be a problem with the 2D rims on the URD vette.

I`ve let Ales know. Sorry for thinking it was a track issue. :)

3. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Landmines, that is frigging brilliant!!

4. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

thank you ISI for this update, now the track is awesome!...try it with the Darche EGT, it's a blast:)!

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Why would tire stack in/out not be an optional layout like at Portugal?

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You could keep the old version around easily if you have to, but the person who made the mod should make a new one.

In mod manager to switch, just uninstall the mod, uninstall 1.01, install 1.1 to use 1.1. To use your mod again, uninstall 1.1, install 1.01, install the mod.

7. argo0

argo0 Registered

So pleased to see this update. Fantastic track that I can now fully enjoy. Well done ISI.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

8. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Can't wait to get on ISI server with F3's and this. One of my favorite combos! Downloading missing components now to get new track...

Edit - Good job, ISI, with track and also combo. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2013
  9. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Looks like this shadow problem is related to rF2 build 382 and there's a workaround how to avoid it until ISI fixes the problem:

10. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I was wondering, can any of the optimisations performed on Drummond be applied to other ISI circuits? Something in the updated track, or indeed a collection of all of the things, has given me a massive performance increase.

11. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

No.

Well, only a little bit :) . In theory, the older tracks would see more gains than the recent ones. Anything before Lime Rock Park ... though I have a few ideas for Lime Rock and Silverstone. I might spend some time on Silverstone tomorrow to try something ...

12. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Thanks for the honest response.

Slightly OT question too, if I may. I did a night race at Lime Rock, Approaching the chicane at "The Uphill" the curbing went black. Not a textured black, just solid black. This also happened to the track surface at the "West Bend" section. I couldn't replicate this at Loch Drummond so assumed one of the updates fixed this, too?

is it something you guys are aware of and can fix?

13. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

We are aware of that and will look at it when we get back to LRP. Fingers crossed we can do that in 2014, although we're already overbooked by a huge margin :) .

14. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Ah, ok mate, hard to keep up with everything, I only drop in from time to time so figured I would mention it. Cheers for the communication. Have a good new years.

15. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Glad to hear your overbooked by a huge margin

It's too bad real-life tracks market/sell products so much better than fantasy tracks, as I think that ISI, WITH ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT AT ALL, make the best fantasy tracks not only in PC sim-racing, but in just about all racing games (console as well). Every stock RF1 track was BRILLIANT in every configuration and direction combo. Toban, Mills, Essington, Lienz, the street track (Sardian Heights?), the oval with the infield (Orchard Lake?), long config, short config, medium config, all configs, and then.....WOW put them in reverse and you have a TOTALLY different experience. Like the final sector in toban REVERSE, is just bloody amazing, especially FLYING through the last 3 or 4 corners, the final 2 of which are the double left hander leading onto the main straight.

Not used much, but there are some VERY good sections on the street track (Sardian heights), there is this one left-hander in I think (can't remember) the reverse version (can't remember if it's short or long layout) and you are FLYING into this left hander and as you approach the braking a wall comes on your right side making it tighter and you have to try to brake so late into the corner while turning as you can brake really late as you are braking while you're in the corner turning, and the exit is either a decreasing or increasing radius and it's really tricky to get the accel point right; too early can put you in the exit wall due to understeer, usually, but too late can have you swamped by cars behind on the following straight.

There are some very fast, wide open sections on the street track as well, 90 degree corners, but FAST 90 degree corners, sort of reminds me of the real fast section of Macau with the real fast 90 degree corners with walls on both sides. The stock RF1 street track was awesome, especially in the F3s, but in just about every and any car.

The real steep downhill before the tunnel and then corner in the tunnel was real good, that was tricky on the apex to exit phase, I think it was a right hander. The tunnel in reverse was totally different (as every corner/track is in reverse), and it was cool going UP the really steep hill exiting the tunnel, but man the way any car (even a low powered car) gained speed accelerating down the straight approaching the tunnel REALLY was exiting, you gained speed so fast regardless of car due to the steep decline and you're just staring this tunnel and the wall inside the tunnel (since it turns right) right in the face as you you dare to brake an inch or 2 later than usual, and when you have a guy alongside you as you're both flying down the steep hill staring the tunnel in the face, WOW, FUGGHETTA BOUT IT! ;)

I can go on and on about Mills, Essington, Toban, and Lienz but I felt like giving the lesser mentioned street track (Sardian Heights?) some love lol.

Then there were my races at the oval with infield (Orchard Lake?) with at the time CART/CHAMP Car driver AJ Allmendinger, and I believe 2 or 3 other highly regarded real life pros in the ever popular Megane Trophy mod by RSDG. I think I was in 3rd or 4th battling with AJ Allmendinger he was only about 1-2 seconds in front, I was holding the gap, reeling him in half a tenth or a tenth and a half on some laps here n there, but loosing on others. I think my fastest lap was over 1 tenth quicker HOWEVER my laps would vary by, I don't know, 3 tenths? Half a second? AJ on the other hand was like a computer, every lap just the same old time, over and over and over and over and over again. Probably had less than a handful of laps that were more than 2 tenths, maybe 3, off his best. I felt like the difference was that I had to desperately try so much harder than him to achieve the same lap time, the speed seemed to come to him easier and more naturally as I was the one making the mistakes and loosing a quarter tenth here, 3 quarters of a tenth there, etc. Then I ultimately crashed or spun or something and fell way back.....

The ease of which AJ Allmendinger seemed to be able to do the same times as me vs how hard and desperate I had to try to do the same time as him just shows how on another level they are not only with their mental skills, but also with their anticipation of the movements of the car slides and micro-slides, the feel and driving precision, just knowing what to do with the car and understanding it's actions and reactions based off of/due to your throttle/brake/steering inputs/technique (this coupled with your car setup as well). I don't think he ever understeered (in a "wow he messed up" way) or oversteered (in a "wow he messed up" way) even once that entire race. Another case where, maybe sometimes, in certain situations, when you really mess up and go too far over the limits then ISI may not always be the best sim, but in the hands of a capable driver who can drive close to the limit or at/around the limit (like AJ Allmendinger did that entire race), or even in the hands of an average joe that tries to understand and feel the car rather than feeling/reaching the limits by just wildly oversteering and/or understeering into every corner but actually tries driving like he would in real life, then I honestly think the ISI physics engines/philosophies are some of the best, if not the best, in the industry, with regards to the pure way a racecar acts and reacts based on your throttle/brake/steering inputs.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2014
  16. Miro

Miro Registered

NM

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2014