Lobethal, Australia - 1937-39 - possible WIP - expressions of interest?

Discussion in 'Locations' started by woochoo, Jul 23, 2014.

1. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

2. FatCity

FatCity Registered

I was at 1984 race , lol.

PLAYLIFE likes this.
  3. vivemclaren

vivemclaren Registered

Two 1000 km in 84 and 360 in 88 ;)

4. woochoo

woochoo Registered

If anyone was interested in doing some buildings for Lobethal, it's entirely possible that Blender or Google Sketchup would be suitable, to a certain extent.
    It would be absolutely preferable if the meshes were properly unwrapped for texturing (i.e. different parts of the mesh all mapped to a single texture, or maybe two), and hopefully textured too. Blender might be a better program, based on that requirement.

In theory, temporary textures would be ok, and replaced with photo-textures sourced from the actual buildings at a later date. But properly unwrapped meshes would be a good and preferred starting point for that.

After that, meshes and textures could be sent to myself or another team member for baking AO textures, setting up gmotor materials, and exporting to the game.

I've spoken with a few people so far, so hopefully there can be some progress soon.
    More people would probably be good though, assuming things worked smoothly :)
    So, if you want to get into modding but can't drop cashwads for 3dsMax, look into Blender - www.blender.org

5. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

bit O/T but on the sandown thing , any one remember Jim Richards geeting the tools out the glove compartment of the 635 and fixing it ,, Which I think he won that race too..

6. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

This track is insane. Tested it in devmode while testing cars physics. Have you ever been flying in braking zone or just into the braking zone while in a curve ?

7. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Hopefully someone can resurrect this :)

jimagn, philrob and tjc like this.