Loading Favorite Server

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by slimsymeat, Jan 5, 2020.

1. slimsymeat

slimsymeat Registered

Every time I want to change car, track or anything in single player a message pops up saying loading favorite server. I have no favorites and it's a pain, sometime there for nearly a minute. Why is it doing this in single player and how can I stop it?

Esa Ahonen likes this.
  2. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

In the new UI i am guessing?

If so, this has been reported and will be fixed on the next update.

3. elbo

elbo Registered

go to online races, pick a server, any server, and set it as your favourite...this will greatly cut down on the frustrating waiting time

4. Bernd

Bernd Registered

The, in my opinion, only interesting and valid question is, why a search for favorite servers starts, when you are in single player mode.
    That is complete superfluous.

Esa Ahonen likes this.
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Because the company that coded this is COMMITTED to online competitions. Because they see online as the future of the product. Yes, we offliners do tend to get the shaft, but if you want rF2 to succeed, then we'll have to put up with the company getting the UI and Online competition up and sorted before real changes come to offline issues.

nonamenow likes this.
  6. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

With the amount of broken bits, missing bits, new bits, new broken bits, blah, blah, blah.....
    I think they simply reached "T minus zero" and so it was "pens down, let's pack this up and deploy it".
    Surely they couldn't say they didn't know about a lot of the loose ends.
    Yes, you're correct. By me saying surely, means I haven't a clue. :rolleyes:

JimmyT likes this.
  7. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Sorry, but that has nothing to do with the fact that a search for servers starts, when you are in single player/offline mode.

blanes and Esa Ahonen like this.
  8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

What is, is. Doesn't matter if it makes sense or not.

ADSTA likes this.
  9. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Really?
    Howsoever.
    You have your opinion, i have mine.
    It's simple like that.

blanes and davehenrie like this.
  10. slimsymeat

slimsymeat Registered

Thanks Elbo I'll try that, and sorry for double posting. :oops:

11. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Possibly you are not truly in single player mode until you press race. While you are not in race you are still ostensibly in the lobby, which means you are possibly in single player but also possibly in multiplayer as all options are available.
    More to the point is that this has been reported and S397 have said, more than once, that they will look at a fix in the next release. If this search bugs everyone sooo much they can always opt out of beta. :) (this is only my opinion and everyone has one of those):)

12. Bernd

Bernd Registered

But the point is the same, even if you are in the main menu.
    It's just the question that changes. ;)
    New questions:
    Why is the game searching for favorite servers when you are not in multiplayer mode?
    Or.
    Why is the game searching for favorite servers, even if you have none stored (as some have stated)?
    BTW I don't use the beta, especially because i have read that there is no possibility to use the devmode.
    Let's stop that discussion.
    As it seems, S397 have confirmed that it is a "bug" or a not intended activity, that will be fixed.
    So everything is fine. :)

JimmyT likes this.
  13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I suspect the 'fix' will be simply to provide one default server so that offline users don't have to go search for one. You will still get the 2 to 3 second delay as that ip is located. Then online users can add their choices.

14. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Which was posted in this thread before you posted yet that wasn't enough for you. :rolleyes:

15. enzocarbone

enzocarbone Registered

It has not fixed yet. It’s really borib. It adds to a long waiting time to race.

16. br444m

br444m Registered

Small nudge

This is still not fixed in the latest beta. When I hear that Marcel is advising everyone to switch to the new UI (as the old one will be dropped soon), I get a little worried. There are so many things that need polishing still (f.e. the badly integrated race weekend management screen, changing FFB for individual cars is a real pain, the UI regularly bails out showing only a white screen). Here's hoping they'll do a big sprint and get it to a release ready state before flipping the switch.

Alexandr Meshkov likes this.
  17. redapg

redapg Registered

By Chance i noticed how the loading of favorite Servers can be avoided.
    When the game is open, don't click on "Race" in the Top main Menu and also don't click the "customize" Button that is below of the Car Icon.
    Just stay in that Screen (rFactor 2 in the Top main Menu).
    You can modify everything by clicking on the Series, Track and Car Entry, that is above of the Track Icon (above of the Car Icon), below of "Last used configuraion".
    If everything is set up as you want, click "race".
    If you do that and also use the "back" Arrow in the Top left Corner to navigate, you never have to visit the "Race" Screen, where the favorite Servers get loaded.

Eric Rowland and bears like this.
  18. hallenstein

hallenstein Registered

thanks a lot for the tip ;)

19. bears

bears Registered

Mate that is a sensational tip you have removed one of the more frustating RF2 experiences for me.... Thanks for sharing