Loading error for Skippy in Dev Mode

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Mike Cantwell, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell Registered

Hey everyone,

Have a loading error for the Skippy in Dev Mode. Car does load only after hitting enter for each GMT file.

No idea why, started about an hour ago.

I deleted all the car files and let the game upload new ones, but it still does the same. Not track related as it does it with any track in Dev Mode.

Just curious if anyone has had the same issue?

RF2_Bug.jpg

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You need to actually edit those attributes in the .gen file. The files haven't changed (in that regard, at least) since a year or two ago when some shader updates or revisions uncovered that as a performance issue and that warning was added to devmode. So just remove one or the other tags.

*Edit*
    @Mike Cantwell I've attached an edited .gen, for you or anyone else. I think damage is handled differently now, so this is just a 'stop the error' fix, no actual modding going on here...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    qusimano, Corti and Mike Cantwell like this.
  3. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell Registered

Mate, thank you so much! Works perfectly. I am guessing they will do a big overhaul of the Dev Mod in the next update. Looking forward to that. Thanks again :p:D

4. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

I kept on getting the same error when I was creating my own HUD in devmode. It didn't always happen but when it did I fixed it by deleting my player.json file in "rFactor 2\ModDev\UserData\player" folder.

Mark.