LM/ALMS skins for URD?

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by BobDobbs, Aug 10, 2016.

1. BobDobbs

BobDobbs Registered

I've been following this for a while, but it seems like there are updates posted here, there, and everywhere - probably in places where I don't see them as well.

So I ask here, where there seems to be an aggregation of modders and artists: what is currently available for the URD mod in terms of LM/ALMS skins (using the real world names of Ferrari, Porsche, Audi, etc.) ? One of the great things about mods like SCC on rFactor1 is that I could select many real-world cars and drive them, vicariously enjoying cars I could never hope to drive in real life. I know the URD mod can't use the names of any copyrighted vehicles, but thanks to the artist community, I can change the names on my private computer via add-ons.

In other words, what's out there, and where? My sim racing time is pretty limited, so while I know one answer is "look for them" - thanks, I've been doing that and except for great threads like ethone has posted here, most of them are so scattered I'd spend more time looking than racing them. Can someone throw me a bone, please?

2. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

You have a few options. First would be to get the skins off of these two threads:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/26351-EGT-PX-Skinpack-LM-WEC-USCC-Misc-Update

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/21916-EGT-Skinpack-LM24H-WEC-TUSCC-Misc

I would encourage the use of the Virtual Rides version as they will work incase if there is any update to the URD mod. From there you can also use skins that are available on the AC version of the URD mod. It is fairly easy to add them to rF2 doing the virtual rides. The only issue (Which I hope ISI adds in a future update) is to have the ability to add Classes to the virtual ride to be able to segregate ALMS vs LM vs WEC etc. At the moment, they are all added together.

I hope that helps.

3. BobDobbs

BobDobbs Registered

Yes! I had only seen the first of those threads, so it's good to know about both. I've seen a thread or two on other sites, so I assume that all VR skin downloads for the mod are compatible?

So the VR version doesn't set up AI classes or driver names correctly? Can driver names be edited separately (I will only be driving offline) ? I don't much care about AI classes at this point.

4. Chris Lesperance

Yeah, they are all compatible. What I would do if you want to change the name, is to create a virtual ride ingame. That will allow you to fill in Driver name, team name etc. Then go where the files are all located (rF2 install/Userdata/Player/Settings/[car folder]). Find the one that you created. Then use that as the template to change the names of the other .rdc (I think that is the file type) accordingly. It'll be tedious, but should work.

5. PATR10T

PATR10T Registered

everywhere just mixed stuff and or missing liveries...

would be great if someone would make a complete set for the different series like lm - wec etc

nothing mixed with years and series...

but its showing good the rf2 modding situation... theres nothing complete and nothing really finished... everything is half baked and just a few show interest to make something "complete"...

6. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

Do you not qualify as a someone? [emoji39]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Tapatalk

7. Chris Lesperance

It would be nice if that was the case. Unfortunately, with the way rF2 handles the Virtual Rides system, there isn't any way to create custom class lines. So everything does get mixed together which really sucks

8. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Maybe it is time for you to come and save it :)

9. PATR10T

PATR10T Registered

haha no i mod ams ;)

rf2 just for driving, no modding :p

10. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I know :)