[WIP] Live Timing, Session Results, Track Rendering & League Management [Discontinued]

Discussion in 'Other' started by B1K3R, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

One install. This is the reason I no longer use your timing mate.

2. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Ya, one install would make more sense....

Having said that, in theory both ways should work

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2015
  3. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Multiple installs.
    We used to have only one installation when we were just fooling around hosting funevents. Once we started to run serious championships however, I began to prefer individual dedi installs with only components installed that are required for each of our series.

4. rsgraham59

rsgraham59 Registered

Since one install requires a lot of work, can we get an updated version for the multiple installs first, then you can work on the one install issues.

5. GT_ONE

GT_ONE Registered

seperate installs for me

6. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

What about a single install requires "a lot of work"? You copy the original player folder and give it a new name along with renaming player.json to also match and then make a shortcut which specifies which profile to use.

If that is too much work you can just use my tool which does all the work for you:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/24029-rF2-Server-Manager

This way you only have one datapath and core to maintain.

7. rsgraham59

rsgraham59 Registered

Sorry Noel,
    I was referring to BIK3R's comment saying that it's a lot of work for him to change the Timing app for single install.
    My point being that if he is ready for release with a version that only works with multiple installs, then release that and then work on the single install issues.

I already have your tool and it's fantastic :)

8. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Good point mate :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

9. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Out of curiosity, what difference does it make if you have separate install with just the required components versus one install with all components and multiple profiles?

10. DocJones

DocJones Registered

I just like the less cluttered mod manager and especially mas tool when creating a new vmod.

Main reason for us using multiple installs though is that we can update the server for only one of our two championships while the other remains on the last build. We have a paragraph in our rules that requires us to update no less than 7 days prior to the upcoming event to make sure every driver has the opportunity to practice using that build to not put drivers with less time for their preparation at an even bigger disadvantage.
    Also, I don't have to worry about a new build braking something with multiple profiles on the server side, must have been two or three times in the past.

The only two downsides with multiple installs I see is the more disc space required, but that's not an issue on our server. The other being the time to install/uninstall content. But that's usually only once per series and championship and just takes a few minutes.

11. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Ah ok, that makes sense mate. It's clear now that the timing app has to support both scenarios.

Thanks!

12. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

OK first the good news! I have managed to update the app to support multiple instances with one install. The usual multiple install will continue to work as it was.

Now the bad news...for some reason, the streaming to web is not smooth. Could be related to the new streaming tech changes I'm doing but fingers crosses is nothing major.....

[​IMG]

13. Ernie

Ernie Registered

Fantastic news. Great work, B1K3R. :cool:

14. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Thanks mate :) I think the app is ready to be tested by the community.

Those interested, please contact me and I will install it on the server machine. I would need access to your server through RDP/Teamviewer as I need to set it myself. Note that old versions wont be upgraded. Only fresh installs.

These are the requirements.

1. x64bit server (haven't converted 32bit yet)
    2. .Net 4 and IIS (for web hosting)
    3. mySQL database (for storing data)
    4. Node.js/listener windows app (with the socket.io plugin) (for streaming data from rF2 to Web)

It is now totally flexible where you want to put the live timing components...main reason is so that your rF2 server will use minimum resources for live timing app. The server environment can be the following:

1. Either 1 server with rF2, IIS, mySQL DB, Nodejs/listener...

2. Or multiple servers
    - rf2 can be on your main server with just the listener. All this does is get the data from rF2 and streams it to Nodejs server over a UDP socket
    - for IIS, mysql and nodejs, you can have another separate server for all, multiple different servers for each one, or a combination of both.

Your rF2 installations can now be separate or using the same install with different profiles.

NOTE: Please note that I had to re-write MANY underlying components to make it flexible, fast and robust, so those who want to help testing, do not expect a perfectly working app as this is still a WIP...

Please contact me ONLY if you are serious about using this app and have decent hardware + community as I don't have time to waste at the moment. Thanks for understanding :)

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2015
  15. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Always happy to allow the use of my server mate.

Could test it with the Clio cup on friday

16. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Thanks! Will package all the stuff and install the stuff at some point this week :)

17. Nostra

Nostra Registered

B1K3R i will testing the new stuff :)

18. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Thanks! Will contact you this week :)

19. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

http://beta.proracing.club
    is now using all the latest updates with 1 rf2 install and 5 user profiles and nodejs as streaming sever. CPU/RAM seems to be very stable now :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2015
  20. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Hi Stefan, I noticed that the all data and track map windows change upon selecting a different server on the http://beta.proracing.club website. Is that due to some changes in the latest version of your app? I am asking because on our site, after changing the server, we have to click Dashboard > Stream 1 or 2 for the correct data and map to be loaded. The only thing that changes when switching servers in our case is the top bar with track name and session status. Or should it also work in the 'old' version and the fact that it is not might be due to us screwing up the script when we set it all up?