[WIP] Live Timing, Session Results, Track Rendering & League Management [Discontinued]

Discussion in 'Other' started by B1K3R, Apr 16, 2013.

1. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Mail sent. Many thanks for your support, Stefan.

2. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Hi, B1K3R, I've noticed that the live timing doesn't show S1 when passed, it shows up after S2 has been driven. (VEC member)

3. matf1

matf1 Registered

This is excellent B1K3R, I've saved it as my default now. The only thing that could be included, and I'm pretty sure you would have already if you could, is to list all tracks/cars required in a hover popup.
    Thanks a bunch :)

*Does the location filter work?
    ** Never mind, I've seen it is for tracks. I'd thought it was geolocation based on ip.

4. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Thanks for letting me know...I'll check it out :) I have some logic to calculate and stream S1/2/3 so I must have some bug there...

5. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

It is not possible to read client side files mate due to security reasons. Apart from that, (as far as I know) I did not find any info on tracks/cars required in the ISI API I am using.

I think it will have to be a windows application running on your PC. I believe Noel is doing this in his server browser application. But if I could, I will do it :)

6. matf1

matf1 Registered

I didn't think it would be possible, but just thought the mod must have the list. If its not in the api then yeah, a shame.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

7. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

This is what the API gives you really..not much...As you can see, there is a MOD section, the Mod Name and Track Name are sent and nothing about the vehicles (always empty). From mod/track name, I think one can read the mod files and get all the required info, but the problem is web/client side security....

Hmm, I'll think about it maybe I'll find a way.

[​IMG]

8. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

You have to download the vmod to get the full track list and cars. It isn't practical to download the vmod for all 300+ servers. It would take forever. So what my tool does is download the vmod when you double click on the server and then it lists all the components.

9. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Good point Noel. But how can I download the vmod? Is there some other api for that?

Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

10. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

First grab the IP address and HTTP port number of a server from the MM json and then query it's sessioninfo like this:
    Code:
    http://<IP>:<HTTPPort>/SessionInfo/
    Note that this URL is case sensitive and must include the final "/" or else you get a 404.

That will return a json response. In that json you will find "package_name" which is the vmod filename. Now you download the vmod like this:
    Code:
    http://<IP>:<HTTPPort>/Mods/<package_name>
    Note, this URL is also case sensitive.

After you get the vmod in hand you can use modmgr to install it into a temp folder like this:
    Code:
    modmgr.exe -i"<pathToVmod>" -o"<pathToTempFolder>"
    Now open <pathToTempFolder>\Manifests\*.mft and you will see the component list.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2015
  11. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

WOW Noel! You're the man :) Can't wait to try it, cheers dude!

12. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Glad you spotted the bug! I found the problem and it's fixed now. http://vec.racingtimes.net has been updated to the latest version.

Thanks!

13. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Super! And thank YOU :)

14. rsgraham59

rsgraham59 Registered

Hi B1K3R,
    Do you have an estimated date when you will release an updated version (from 0.9.6.0)

Thanks.

15. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Given that one had a working trackmap, would it be possible to add it manually (as in: without having to use the 'draw track' functionality on the webpage itself)? Reason I ask is we screwed up installing which (despite Stefan's help) makes it impossible for us to log in on the webpage. It is probably best to start from scratch. That however would mean we lose all laptimes done in the past 2 weeks, and we have an event coming up in a few days time. I would prefer to start from scratch after that event. Which would mean we would not have a trackmap in an event that is being broadcasted if there's no way to add a trackmap manually. :(

Btw, it's Indianapolis 2007 GP that I'm looking for. Just in case it would work and someone here was generous enough to share their data/trackmap with us. :D

16. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Hi mate,

The fact that many of you are having problems with setting up and maintaining the app lead me to my idea that I mentioned before, which is my hosted service I mentioned a few posts up :)

Anyway, I will gladly help you fix the login and map stuff but when I suggested you said your admin will not accept for me to check on your server so I cannot do much :)

Send me link to the track you will be using and I'll do it for you. My offer is still valid to check your database for install issues.

Cheers

17. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

hi mate...excellent progress...i havent rly updated anything since the last install haha

awaiting for the donate link. this jewel of yours deserves it :)

18. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Thanks mate :) All the progress you're seeing is in beta 0.9.7 which has not been released to public yet.

At the moment I'm working (when I get some free time!) on Session Management screens, where admins can delete session XML files and/or edit driver lap times (just in case they cheat) :)

19. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Watching last weekends Rolex 24, I really enjoyed being able to see on which lap the last pitstop for a specific car was, would this be possible to squeeze in ?

20. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Yes its possible only that ISI plugin does not send that data which means I have to save it in memory for each driver since the streaming to web is done directly through sockets. I'll test it out and see if it has any impact :)