"Live timing" like iRacing's tab key/How to improve times?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cubbi, Jul 17, 2013.

1. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

People, calm down. Plugin can deliver the same functionality.

And ghostcar can be turned off.

2. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

False, like is named Ghost is a ghost :p, the closer it is to you, more it is transparent. And also, very good feature, you can set how many advance the ghost must have on you.

i'm just a customer of every racing title since Runway on a TO8 ... so what do I know?

3. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

I do like that feature! I forgot about that ;) I would make it 1 second faster. But when I practice online I would like to see my deltas in real time they really help me in a big way. Its like having a coach telling you your doing good or bad

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2013
  4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Why every time something useful is requested to be included, someone recalls plugins as the solution? I will not calm down for this but get really annoyed instead. Plugins might provoke problems, are a pain in the butt to install since ini files need to be backed up. It reminds me about reelfeel and leo for having a nice ffb in rf1. Live timing apeear something easy to implement. If amateur programmers can do it via plugin it should be much easier for ISI to implement it in the game.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

5. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Yeah, ISI can make this feature pretty simple for sure. Question is if they want to do it, because everybody will say the copycat iracing.

But who cares, it's a great feature. Get it done.

6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I dont agree it is copycat or anything close. Live timing is something from real racing and nothing invented by iracing. It should have been there from the beginning. Showing only the best time is just inherited from rf1

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I'm sure they'll get around to it some day.

8. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Delta bar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ghost car.

If you want live timing in a car, you can get it now. Saying "it's arcade" makes no sense when if you want you can probably find an iphone app to do the same, let alone the obvious telemetry in the pits. It's not 1998 anymore, all of those are now accessible to most any level driver.

The problem with the iRacing bar is the fact it's ultra beefy and done in 48pt font, it's overkill. The red / green system though in terms of color change is great though, being able to tell how fast you are relative to how fast you were is nice.

Also, being able to select different modes is important. Best laps mean nothing to anything else. If the weather changes, that being a good lap or bad lap speed wise changes. Then you end up with a lap time that is totally impossible as a reference when the track heats up for example.

9. datanode

datanode Registered

Purple, green / red. Maybe, but please keep it subtle!

Purple would be a session best so far. Please someone implement it. I can't stand ghost cars personally. But would like a delta feature.

Just to clarify or check, track map plugin does it sector by sector doesn't it?

10. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

Has this been put in the wish list??

11. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

If i recall correctly, F1 drivers have real-time delta's displayed on their steering wheel right?

I use the sector times when i'm online and only recently began to use the ghost feature for some offline practice. Ghost is nice, makes offline more fun i think because your racing the best version of yourself (so far) around the track and you then have that racing style pressure to drive quicker than you have before because you want to be in the lead.

There is perhaps a downside to this however. If your prone to following/chasing the car in front after a while instead of being focused on how your driving to constantly experiment for quicker ways around the track, then a ghost car can be quite the distraction. Real-time delta times would alleviate this issue but then you've got to be asking yourself why you can't do this whist behind a ghost car and how this is going to be a big issue in a race situation where your surrounded by plenty of other cars on track and not just one (the ghost).

Having said all that, i still understand and would appreciate a real-time delta like the one in iracing. Sector times are useless for knowing how well you've tackled specific corners. It's also good for online where ghost is unavailable and pretty realistic to what real world racing drivers have at their disposal.

12. datanode

datanode Registered

Yes it is... Ghost cars are IMO distracting and unrealistic :-( have no idea if someone has requested it. But I expected it sooner than a ghost car tbh. But that is the way they have decided to go.