Live Broadcasting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by C3PO, Jun 28, 2015.

1. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Hi - I'm keen to start broadcasting my races now live on YouTube as I have decent bandwidth to do so. I use Open Broadcast Software and it is excellent for my needs - it just works and also allows multiple live "camera" or video source points.

On my triple screen set up, I normally stream from the central monitor at 1080p, showing the main part of the car's cockpit and outside view. My question is how can I get an exterior view while racing - and one which does not impact on the "race view". Basically, an exterior view that can overlay the main cockpit view during the live stream? Do I need two accounts and log into the race as another driver (really don't want that and it's not worth it) and stream from that?

Thanks for any suggestions. Broadcasting is the future for sim racing and great to see more of it happening. Posting this on other sites too as I race other sims.

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Someone should do it professionally. :p

Offer a full video/audio package to Leagues for their big races. :cool:

Most of the stuff they do them selves is pretty average and puts you to sleep.

3. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Hi c3PO,

I think u need to haf a second machine feeding the broadcast live trackside view as a spectator. Although im not sure how u can link both game in one broadcast tho.

Also install Gerald TV Plugin for live tv layout and other live ctrls

4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Yeah the only way it to use a second machine as a spectator.