List of Quality Tracks

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Kknorpp001, Jun 7, 2013.

1. filippu

filippu Registered

If you really want to know, I'm a modder. I used to release my work, but not anymore. When I say users like wajdi are the cancer of rF2, yes maybe they won't stop modders to work as long as they like what they do, but at least for me, they stopped me from releasing my work.
    I'm still enjoying modding, but stopped enjoying sharing my work.

And I know that nobody gave a damn about what I did, but the day one of your beloved modders stops releasing his work for this very same reason, you'll have only yourselves to blame.

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Yes, because the answer is negative when someone bitches about something
    And the answer is also negative when someone wants to add something to the community.

This is not the first time an attempt has been made, moreover, previous attempts where much more sophisticated then this one, yet somehow it always falls flat on its face and the end-result is the same, nothing happens.

As for stopping with modding because of negative comments by individuals.....I understand it can be hurtful after all the work put in but its still a small minority feeling the need to bitch about something, the fast majority don't post at all and is having fun with whatever modders create.
    I've seen modders throwing a fit and wanting to stop modding all together just because 3 out of 40 guys in a particular conversation where negative. that's abit much imo, this is still the internet, the negative voices will always be louder, but they do not speak for the majority.

3. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

One thing I want to point out is that modders are sim racers first. So, the more sim racers we can recruit and retain the more potential modders there will be.

All things being equal, the easier it is for sim racers to navigate the available mods the better their experience will be and the more likely they will stick around long enough to get addicted, I mean discover the joys of rf2.

In my personal experience, track quality (mods are a very different story) was rarely an issue for me in rf1. Rf2 is different in that expectations are higher and modding is more complex and demanding and also rf2 is no longer the only player in the market. The better we can make the experience (and, incidentally, the more collaborative, constructive and supportive we can be as a community and as individuals withing the community), the better off we are all going to be.

I also believe people may also be missing the injustice to the modder that does produce a solid work that never gets discovered by that sim racer that selects it for a league and makes it famous because that sim racer never finds it or, worse, is turned off completely and leaves the community.

Regarding a nomination or voting based system, I am for anything other than nothing and also for anything centralized vs. fragmented.

Ultimately, the ability of the community to accept and embrace the reality of the opportunities that organization/maturity can bring to the community in the areas of collaboration, communication, promotion, innovation, user experience, etc. will decide the fate of rf2. If we choose not to grow up then we can perish along with other sim industries.

Regarding next steps, I recommend ignoring all who fail to offer anything constructive. Secondly, it is time for modders to step up and take over if they want a growing user base to enjoy their creations. Third, I am available if anyone needs me but at this time I believe I have made my case and therefore leave it to you guys to decide your fate.

Edit. I am replacing the OP with this https://sites.google.com/site/rfactor2navigator/
    until the community is ready to support something more mature.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2013
  4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Get people that actually know what they are talking about to rate tracks. ?

Thankfully modders would never entertain the silly idea.

Or do you lot think you are better judges then your peers.

p

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2013
  5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Tell you another thing before I forget.

:confused: ummm .....lol :)

I would love a track compare and rating. ?

For developers tracks that "crosssim " ..... they have thick skins. hehehe

For instance if you have driven all GPL , GTR, GTL and Rfactor you may have noticed certain historical layouts are virtually the same corners, cambers and elevations.

Take away the scenery and driving GPL and the others is near identical, mostly for obvious reasons.

So now compare any of the above to the new generation of sims.

Rouen, Monza and Spa are like night and day obviously with advancements and GPS etc etc

But for mine there is more difference between the newer versions of historic tracks from rF2, pCars, codemasters, AC , etc.

Spa rF2 and pCars are like night and day, yet they have the tools at their disposal to get it right.

So tell me what is the most correct Old Spa, Monza and Rouen in any default sim. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2013
  6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

For me, most of converted tracks from rf1 are simply orrible!
    It is really sad that 99.99% in rfactor 2 are converted tracks and most of them are badly converted too! most these tracks were left without any update, most of them has a plenty of problems!
    Look at Med-Ohio and Sebring, they are a good converted tracks, but they were left without any update! the real road in these 2 tracks has to be updated. They need a lot of optimization, but sadly no one cares about them and they were released more than 12 months ago and nothing has been done yet!
    How many tracks have been build from the scratch in these 20 months of rf2?

1- Dunsfold by Tuttle.
    2.Poznan by feels.
    3-Croft by feels.
    That's it:rolleyes:

7. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Lolllllllll.............:rolleyes:

8. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Wajdi please don't forget one important thing.
    How long it takes before modders have enough skill for this kind of quality. They don't fall from the sky :) Community hotspots like this forum are good places for exchange experience and problem solutions. If I follow your opinion in future this will not be the right place for them. IMO that can not be the community way because without modders = no content = no disussion = no reason to come here = ... :(
    I say this as a rFactor + mod + Trackbuilder consumer and as a technically interested person.
    Of course I'm happy and thankfully for high quality content :)
    I think Darwin was right with his theorie :rolleyes:

9. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Super Cool, way to go GT. Real 1st rate class of a post!

10. Magzire

Magzire Registered

I just want Nordschleife 2.2a.. Any half arsed conversion will do for me! The old version that is used at the moment is just meh

11. Magzire

Magzire Registered

I wonder how a random guy like feels3 with hardware limitations and funds could make better looking tracks than a full time professional employee working 9-5 and getting paid.

Sorry but the graphic designer who's in charge of rF2 really failed.
    Reason : It has left a horrible experience for a huge majority of people and I can guarantee lost many sales which doesn't seem like a good company decision since profits is the aim of the game.

I was on iRacing forums promising people rF2 will shine! Showing them new screenshots of Silverstone, but most have made up their decision and won't even bother to look. Really kinda screwed yourself ISI, perhaps not releasing a beta might of been more financial in the end.

FOR me rF2 is the best thing out there! But your way of business is funny.. cashing in on beta sales that clearly not close to been finished has left many unhappy given it a bad name, such a shame.

You have a monster of a hole to dig out of!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2013
  12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

2 years all this sort of talk will be history, funny thing is it will be much the same to drive as it is now.

Ergo your iracing mates will blow 2 years because of looks and bad rep from eye candy lovers.

It is about the driving.

I can find you 1000 threads whining about iracing tyres

show me the rF2 ones

13. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Ha.. just a week ago I said to my mate, "wait and see rF2 in 2 years"

I can't even play iRacing now..(must have spend over 500euro on it) Just feels so wrong. ISI have truly spoiled me in that department.. they just need the icing on the cake on their onto a winner!

14. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Didn't really mean to make like that but the truth came out as i was typing. Not to worry cause rF2 WILL own all :)

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

No Lemans Ready !@!

Shame on you community !@!

hehehe

16. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

someone is working on it ... it is gonna be part of EnduranceX tho ... so pay mod.

17. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

that is great news

that was sarcasm

18. Radar

Radar Registered

Only 500, I know someone who spent 1000..

Don't quote me on all the ISI staff but I'm sure I read somewhere that the work is across the globe and not all people work on it 9-5. One person does one part, sends it to another for the next and so on in their own time and all with dealing with people with different time zones.. As I say, don't quote me on that but I'm sure Tim had mentioned it in the forums and was mainly speaking about the time frame of projects.

I think those who are die hard iRacing fans will remain with iRacing, especially those who have ranked very high who are only racing against the higher quality drivers rather than your odd beginner.

When rF1 was released it was much the same as what we are seeing now with rF2. Not much content, conversions were coming through etc, then we started seeing quality tracks from people who have skills in certain areas ie textures. rF1 became popular in the end because of it's content over time, rF2 will be the same..

I'm the same as GT_Club with regards to what he defines quality tracks, I'd like to see more scratch built tracks, some of the conversion are nice but a majority are just not worth driving on as it doesn't use the rF2's full potential adding more fuel to the iRacing people of 'it looks pretty ordinary' or it doesn't feel right / drive right.. It's not until you get onto a proper rF2 track that you start to see the benifits, the physics in particular with the tyre model..

Give it time, rF1 was the same in it's early stages, rF2 may be taking a little longer but it will in the end I feel be the better sim with plenty of content.

19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

;)

How long was rF from demo to v1255

rFactor had 4 tracks a handful of cars and was just as buggy.

How long did it take for the premier mods and tracks to emerge ...................... YEARS :)

20. CosmiC10R

CosmiC10R Registered

speaking as someone who did some light modding and short beta testing in F1C then had his computer die, took a break from computers and came back to it a year ago and got rf2 about... oh 1.5 mths ago...

DDs last post should be pretty clear... if it took years for the mods and tracks to emerge than those people likely cut their teeth on F1C... so it took years before that to develop the knowledge to work at that level...

This isnt something you just go out and do... you arent picking up a slushie at the 7 eleven
    I have a fair few tracks converted now and its really hit or miss... some work great ... others need alot of work... no fault of the original authors but they need to be tweaked for rf2... I am constantly running up against knowledge gaps that need to be filled...

Im just happy to have a game I can learn with... If you hate the dev period so much... take a break for a year or so and come back as things develop... for those of us trying to learn the internal workings from scratch its like a golden era :)

Nordschleife 2.2 is beautiful in rf2 but some of the road surfaces need reworking... knowledge gap...
    hours and hours to learn this stuff only to be criticized for the effort... its worth thinking about this before you throw in your two cents... if you dont like it move on... if you like it post... its easy and its extremely efficient use of your time :)

It amazes me people feel so free to criticize people for things they are themselves not capable of doing ... mind boggling...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2013