Limited User interface - Server search ideas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HomieFFM, Mar 25, 2020.

1. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Rfactor 2 is blessed by the skilled and dedicated modding groups.
    In the early years they filled in big gaps in the official inventory. For example, at launch the only contemporary GT cars were Nissan GTR GT1, Corvette GT2, Camaro GT3 and the Nissan 370Z GT4. Not a Porsche, McLaren, Bentley etc to be found.
    If you wanted a one class race then you all had the same car!... We even BOPed all those GT1,2,3 cars into one class to get variety for 24 hrs of the Nordschleife.
    One F1 car this side of 1967!
    No LMP cars.
    Until the modding community helped out.

It is harder to build mods in RF2 than most other sims and years ago the fear was that modding groups would give up.

Today the modders enhance our experience further with variety and nuances not available in official channels.
    Some of the best experiences I've had have been on unofficial mods.

So with the greatest respect I suggest that you maybe just ask for such a filter instead of calling for this great asset to be ended .

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    pkelly and HomieFFM like this.
  2. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Registered

Alright guys, thank you all for your suggestions. Let's be clear, I was just frustrated to find any server to race on, because of the limited user interface and the fact when you try to join any server it starts downloading stuff and so on...

My first thought was this damn ''download my mod'' stuff is annoying as hell, why are there no server with the dlc content I can join without downloading anything and have fun straight away.

So I had a great Donald Trump headline ''rF2 should step away from supporting mods'', of course that's not the solution :D and there are great mods out there and it should be possible to use them in the future. But there should be a better way to integrate them.

I have changed the title and the first post, sorry for triggering so many people :D

Prototype:
    version 01.jpg

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    pkelly, lagg and David O'Reilly like this.
  3. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Registered

just shortly pushing this topic before 2023 :)