lighting in rfactor 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EBJAW, Dec 7, 2019.

1. EBJAW

EBJAW Registered

How can you adjust the lighting in rFactor 2 brighter, no matter what time I set, it always looks as dark as in the dusk

2. Fábio Martins

Fábio Martins Registered

No, because the devs don`t care about what is important. LMP1`s and better lighting will not happening.

3. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Because LMP1 and lighting are the 2 famous fundemental issues that rF2 has :D

4. Fábio Martins

Fábio Martins Registered

Yes they are, among many others. Without lighting and LMP1 you can`t simulate a proper WEC Le Mans race.

The irony is that they don`t give us any LMP1 because is a "dying category", but then we have cars like the BMW M2 that adds nothing to the sim. Literally nothing! Even the sound sucks. Look at the reviews on youtube.

Let me tell you something.. they have to wake up, because the competition is getting better and better.

It`s becoming really hard to justify RF2 these days. Even the A.I... well.. i will stop here.

5. Filip

Filip Registered

You shouldn't try so hard. Relax.

6. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Registered

I'm pretty new to rF2, the graphics at day time are looking pretty good with the newer tracks and cars.
    But what was a little bit shocking to me, was the first race at night (and rain), every car was getting this ''cartoon style'' look and the rain looked like ''what the hell is this?'' xD.
    It's like there are no paintwork reflections at all. At first I thought I had some settings wrong, but I guess that's what it is for now.

ACC does a good job on rain and night representation, but even there are no puddles visible on the road, but at least reflections from the cars and the rain itself does look quite realistic.

So I'm just using rF2 with day time races, because there it looks pretty good and I'm having a lot of fun,
    because this sim does many other things way better than other sims, like the tyre model.
    Graphics are not the main plus until now, but that's not why you jump into rF2 in the first place.

Remco Majoor likes this.
  7. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

You can simulate next season already. They are ahead of time. This is literally the last season they use lmp1, so it's worthless in this sim atm.

The M2 actually makes sense for the upcoming competition system. It's a very good rookie car, and quite fun as well. Just like the MX5 in iRacing

If there is someone looking at all options, it's me. Just like rF2, others have fundemental issues as well. Nothing is perfect, not even LFS.

HomieFFM likes this.
  8. stonec

stonec Registered

You need to be more specific and at least post a screenshot, that way we can compare how it looks on our monitors.

9. RedBarchetta

RedBarchetta Registered

You might want to test some of the ReShade mods

10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Sure there are more glaring issues with rF2 but things light asked here or giving an option to increase reflection refresh rate of shadow draw distance shouldn't be to hard to implement ! Not like the Ai issues , new Ui or a working clutch which obviously take a whole heap of time .