SOLVED Light flares, DOF scrapped?

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Bjørn, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

What happened to these effects? I've been trying to ask around on the Discord, but not to much relief...
    This is from February '19
    [​IMG]

This is from today
    [​IMG]

Sincere question... What has happened, and why?

Literally the only thing I've done to these GMT's in between these screens is adding PBR/IBL-shader to the wccarbody...

A kind user on Discord sent me a hint about the added in-game Headlight editor in moddev, but I found that to only effect the projection onto the road and surroundings...

HOW do I get a bloom/flare-effect (whatever you want to call it) as seen on the top screenshot?

"Headlights
    ; Create a mesh, with the shape of the bulb reflector (can be even a flat cap), and map it with the glow texture we provided in the sample, using the HighSunLum shader. Export this as glow mesh so it will be loaded when headlights are ON. Do Not Use any "fake" glow mesh or custom shader as we were doing in the past."
    https://docs.studio-397.com/developers-guide/car-development/car-art/guidelines-for-car-artists

Secondly - where did the Depth Of Field/Focus go? I found it to be a nice effect on track cameras...

Corti likes this.
  2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Strangely enough, it works fine on track side lights, which are using the same system.

3. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Are you suggesting it's an error caused by myself? Or are you actually making that observation?

4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

An observation. The headlights have been broken for a while, but it uses the same system as track lighting, which isn't broken, which is strange.
    Edit: I tested it, and it seems to only show when the car is in a dark area. When I was under lights, it looked like your image, but I moved to a dark area and the glow appeared.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Sounds like a small conflict with lit/unlit areas.(over my head certainly tho)
    This is a little funny, when the Ginetta LMP1 was nearing completion, there was a thread that complained about the headlights. The Ginetta had the fuzzy glow like in Bjorn's 1st image. But the poster had on location photos that showed the individual lights(and the Ginetta has A-LOT of them, were all clearly visible, as in Bjorn's 2nd image. He wanted the entire mod fixed, even tho it was an rF2 issue. But my long and winding point, modern cameras can clearly image each bulb in a headlight package. The exact opposite of what Bjorn is looking for....TV cameras? maybe not.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Checked your post effects settings recently? Especially for devmode, since that's where your second shot is from.

Bjørn likes this.
  7. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Oh, I checked that. It's ultra. In the drop down menu at least when I hit play on Steam.

8. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

If it's broken, I'll tug away some of my frustration and just leave it as is - hopefully it'll be back at some point again

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's not for devmode. You can set up a shortcut to alter the devmode video config, or just change the EPostProcessingSettings (I assume to 5, for Ultra) in your ModDev\UserData\Config_DX11.ini.

@Woodee sorry mate, off the top of my head I wasn't sure if that was included. I should have checked :D

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    Bjørn likes this.
  10. Woodee

Woodee Registered

11. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

You guys are life savers... And I've obviously forgotten how much you have to baby this title out of its quirks!
    Thank you so much

Coutie likes this.