"lifetime version", how much does it cost?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jose Casanovas, Jan 9, 2012.

1. blanes

blanes Registered

@ LesiU What you refer to doesn't answer the specific question :-

If normal/basic license is purchased now, can that later be upgraded to the Lifetime membership ?

e.g. Normal license in Australian $$$ is 42.99 and Lifetime is 82.99 difference of $40. So if today I purchased the normal license for $42.99 and then in say 6 or 8 months time I decided I really want to upgrade to the Lifetime license, can I just pay the $40 difference and get my Normal or basic license upgraded straight to a Lifetime license ?

This is the question a few of us are asking but there is currently no stated policy by ISI.

cheers :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012
  2. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Oh, ok, you are right. Sorry!
    But still, at RD there is no asnwer to that question (only for the one that already has been answered).

3. facu

facu Registered

if i buy this beta version,will i have to buy the full version of the game too? help please :)

4. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello

Facu wrote:
    No you will not have to pay for the full version later.
    You are actully paying for the full version now by buying the beta.
    If you buy and pay for the beta the rest of the updates and finel release will be given to you at no extra charge.

Ruben M.

5. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

If you purchase beta it will get you full game as well.

Think of this as pre ordering and for pre ordering you're getting the beta until the full gold edition is released.

6. facu

facu Registered

Thanks for your help!

7. George Lemos

George Lemos Registered

8. still_bacon

still_bacon Registered

Seeing this is a Beta version and thats an opportunity for feedback and suggestions, can I ask if you had considered the concept of a Maximum Payment option for someone who doesn't purchase the Lifetime licence.

e.g. At this point, it will cost someone 3 years (plus a dollar) to pay the same price as a lifetime membership. That gives the product at least a 5 year planned development lifecycle. rF has had that and could have continued for a further few years if it had more options updated in it so thats not an unrealistic timeframe.

If you capped the number of renewals to Matchmaker to 5, and then a person became a "Lifetime Member of the community" as a thankyou for their commitment to the game and it's development, then this would put everyone on a pretty level playing field, and would also be a further selling point for the lifetime licence.