Lifetime upgrade from "normal" license?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lbird, Jan 28, 2013.

1. lbird

lbird Registered

It probably has been asked before, but that was many moons ago. Therefore i will ask the question again: Will there be a chance to upgrade the "normal" license i already purchased a year ago into the lifetime license? I made a mistake then in not getting lifetime right away and when i see things shaping up well right now i would like to upgrade.

This goes mainly to Tim: Will there be an offer for the longtime beta testing community?

2. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I believe it has been done in the past with some people. You can best contact ISI via email (look for the email here)

3. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

yeah I did this. You can email sales@rfactor.net or purchase@rfactor.net requesting an upgrade, they will reply back with instructions on how you should pay the difference.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2013
  4. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Good question (and answer :)) as I've been thinking about this and how to upgrade for Lifetime License.

Thanks

5. lbird

lbird Registered

I will try it with an email to isi. It is not urgent, so we will see....

6. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

How did it go?

Cheers

7. smithaz

smithaz Registered

I for one would not be interested in upgrading to a lifetime license, you can pay 4 years before you are at a loss and after that I would be happy to give ISI an extra $12 per year so that they can keep supporting this excellent software. I think that the price is currently too cheap for the amount of work they must put into it, you can bet its a lot more than the developers for COD and they sell millions of copies for $60+ every year.

8. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Yeah, good point. I would not mind keep supporting ISI at all as the return I get from rF2 is more that worth it.

Cheers for pointing it out :)

9. lbird

lbird Registered

Hello B1K3R, i forgot to email ISI about that. Thanks for reminding me, will do that this weekend....

10. lbird

lbird Registered

Just to close the thread: I just recently upgraded from a "normal" license to lifetime by paying the difference between the two via paypal (in my case 30 Euros). Worked exactly like DrR1pper posted. Just email purchase@rfactor.net and ask your question including your current order number.