LG 34UM95 "instead" of tripples

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by Bkim, Jul 6, 2014.

1. oHOWEo

oHOWEo Registered

Much lower dpi on triples

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

You can always buy 1440p 27" monitors if you're that picky about DPI :) . In a racing sim, I think DPI is not nearly as important as the viewing area of triple screens, not to mention, most 27" monitors, especially the top gaming ones, will most likely obliterate that 34" IPS in terms of all of the following:

- Pixel response time
    - Total input lag
    - Refresh rate
    - Motion clarity
    - Strobing modes (Lightboost, ULMB, Blur Reduction Mode, Turbo240, etc.)
    - 3D (especially NVIDIA 3D Vision)
    - G-Sync (a few models only at the time)

That's a hefty list of big advantages, especially for simracing. The only advantage the LG 34UM95 holds is a superior image quality for static pictures and artwork.

It's no contest for me regarding which I would choose. The LG is a beautiful monitor though, don't get me wrong.

3. oHOWEo

oHOWEo Registered

I bought the LG today, wooo and yay and stuff :p

4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

When you got your new baby, please show some ingame screenshots, thx ;-)

5. oHOWEo

oHOWEo Registered

Will do, I set it up last night. Looks fab

6. oHOWEo

oHOWEo Registered

7. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

wow...looks nice. Wich graphic card u are using and how much FPS are possible?

8. oHOWEo

oHOWEo Registered

Im using 970 sli, with full settings and 4xmsaa 21 cars on the grid I was getting 85 in the picture. I was getting 60 vsynced when I disabled sli though.

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Are you setting either of the reflection settings to "Low" or "Off? Unless something has changed in the brand new Nvidia drivers, rF2 has negative SLI scaling (unless you're using enough supersampling AA or DSR to "hide" the negative scaling).

EDIT: I just saw that you're using full settings and 4xMSAA...hmmm....are you using DSR?

10. oHOWEo

oHOWEo Registered

As standard sli gives me 35fps, had to follow the nvidia inspector guide. Windows assessment profile. I have noticed it gives me flickers though so I disabled sli for rf2

11. oHOWEo

oHOWEo Registered

This is the first time I have ever experienced sli, literally changed out my 680 for 970's 2 days ago. I see it's not plain sailing, if you have any advice for me that would be cool. It seems like running with sli disabled is my best option at the moment which is a shame.

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Only way to get any sort of positive SLI scaling in rF2 at the moment is if you run 3D (Nvidia 3D Vision) where the scaling is actually fantastic. In 2D mode I believe you can get some positive scaling but you must disable ("Off") both reflection options. Give that a shot :).

13. oHOWEo

oHOWEo Registered

I would have to install nvidia 3d vision right? I haven't messed with 3d does it display a frame twice?

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

15. oHOWEo

oHOWEo Registered

I love mine, that curved one looks nice too!

16. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

It's part of any standard Nvidia driver install, just choose custom instead of automatic (should always be doing driver installs with "custom" install, regardless of 3D) and check the 2 3D checkboxes.

3D dislays 2 images like a human sees in real life (left eye and right eye), this is how humans perceive depth and is how NVidia 3D Vision works as well (well, the games that use "true" 3D, which rF2 is ). If you don't want to use the 3D then you can press ctrl-T but your monitor will stay in Lightboost mode which also has advantages to it even in 2D mode. I'm not sure how the SLI scaling in 2D "ctrl-T" lightboost mode compares to native 2D mode though.

EDIT: I totally forgot that your monitor is not a 100+ Hz monitor, and also doesn't have any sort of stroboscopic mode ("Lightboost", "ULMB", "Blur Reduction Mode", etc.) so I'm not sure if all the above still applies to your monitor but you could always try.

17. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Don't read wot dumb DD says.

lool ;)

3 of these ? .........http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-24GM77-B-gaming-monitor

No Gsync don't think

18. oHOWEo

oHOWEo Registered

I'll stick to the one card spin, luckily it handles it well ;-)
    Choosing "windows assessment tool" profile with nvida inspector gives good frames but has a texture issue on the cars unfortunately.

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

In case you need a nice boost in frames with hardly an image quality decrease (this makes a large difference for me, including going from 88 fps to over 120) set shadows from "Max" to "High", in-game AF from "16x" to "8x", and shadow quality from 4 (I think it's called "Quality") to 2 (I think it's called "Fast").

3 tiny differences which can really help fps.

20. oHOWEo

oHOWEo Registered

Cheers spin, or crank the card to 11 woooooo