Let's talk about what FFB editing is possible in rF2

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Spinelli, May 19, 2014.

1. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Yeah I liked that 1 also although a wee bit 'light' on static force,like it had power steering on.

2. Eddy

Eddy Registered

So found some time :cool:
    Here is my controler ini https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ogwf5jkm2gwuoh/Controller.ini

Hope this works like this

my logitech profiler settings are:

115%
    0%
    100%
    centerspring enabled
    centerspring force 0%

combined pedals no

game may change settings enabled

edit: ingame settings ffb multi ~0.80 depending on car
    smoothing most of the time 30 for me but should be 10 (30 because i otherwise keep the whole family awake with my rattling G27 :eek: )

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2014
  3. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

plr file?
    shouldn't it be a controller ini file?

4. Eddy

Eddy Registered

You're so right....i'm so stupid....will get back in some minutes with the controller ini *blush*

Previous post updated with controler ini.....thnx for warning me Mysta :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2014
  5. speed1

speed1 Banned

Here you go, fits better here where i'm died some time ago and resurect somewhere else but beeing on the way to throwing everything in the corner with the current feelings which are still not optimal, and after decades of waiting. This has nothing to do with rf2 specifically but with the simulations trying to simulate car feelings. It's not all due to the plastic toys we use, which are not that bad, apart from the force level and material in use, and still beeing enough for some fun, but i don't like to feel gaming. :)

"Something is different, causing the perception and the feeling in generall because the so called linearity option in the controller file responds diff.

Don't know if it's related to the tire patch in work or the FFB output but the result differs from what my memory tells me with the similar values as before. I also can't reduce the output by extrem low values.

It starts way to strong at zero with some of the effects it generates. That's not good, at least for me. I don't like the steering wheel killing bump effects, such as from the curbs on low sensitivity curve but the rest of the feedback with low linearity, which is in my opinion a wrong description when it originally calls sensitivity curve in general. That's exactly what i like and need to balance to get the most balanced feedback, the sensitivity of effects. :(

Natural isn't actually and wasn't ever possible with the current technics in use. There are to less variables for that, the user can alter.

I believe in u ISI guys, i know u can do that. Please expand the controller menue."

I guess motion user would like to be able to alter some effects as well when they actually don't need all effects and sometimes disturbing effects on the steering wheel.

Respect to all the guys involved, please don't get this wrong, rf2 still generates the most dynamic feeling and i like it over everything else but i can't use it as i would like to in all aspects.
    :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014