Let's talk about new engine model (engine.ini)

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by jtbo, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Very nice, thank you so much!!

One question however; how do you put your engine.ini in the excel? :)

2. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito Registered

I dont have an easy option for that unfortunately! I use it to build the engine from scratch and then export it. If you want to put your own ini file into the excel file you have to go through the different tabs and enter/paste the values manually unfortunately.

3. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Ah, okay, that's no problem.
    I just saw on the first page, where it looks like the original engine file, that there were just strange value's in the boxes. I have to fill in on the other pages then I presume?

I get to work! Thanks again mate!!

4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I also did something related with excel some time ago where you copied engine; tyre; gears, hdv and svm files into different sheets in order to check for the output torque at different speeds and help tuning the gearbox.

Due to the lack of documentation I found, I never fully automatized it and always need to retouch several things to make it work. I will paste it here after preparing a video of what it does or otherwise it will not be understood.

I'd be glad to help trying to develop a tool which would help preparing car setups.

enviado mediante tapatalk

5. nultweezes

nultweezes Registered

O man, this tool is too awsome to describe!

6. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

If any of you guys doing virtual engine development with RF2 want to download T5 Suite (free), I'll send you a bunch of high-performance ECU binary files to gather info.
    I use a BDM for tuning and always keep a copy of ECU files before and after modding prior to re-flashing.
    There is quite a bit of data...ignition curves, fuel curves, Knock maps, boost request, temperature, mass information, etc...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
  7. CrazIvant

CrazIvant Registered

Thanks a lot for the tool, Knut. It will be very useful when I understand everything. Could you make an example sheet for a Touring Car for us to have another base where to work on, please?

After modifing all values, I get strage graphics. Surely I'm doing something stupid.. :rolleyes:

8. CrazIvant

CrazIvant Registered

I had no boost pressure in rF2 because in the line "ExhaustBasePropierties" the second number had a coma marking the thousands after exporting. If anybody has the same problem (lack of turbo pressure) this can be the fix. Thanks a lot, Knut, for the tool. It's very useful!!

9. Goibaka

Goibaka Registered

Hello!

Firstly, congratulations for this spreatsheet, It was useful for me.

I have been ckecking your "rF2_TurboEngineCalcV1.xlsx" file...but I don't understand following formula:

...In DynoPull sheet...."Lookup table turbocharger turbine"

To calculate TurbineFlow (I suppose it means Turbine Corrected Flow) = TurbineFlow x (1+0.063568 x (TurboTorqueMult - 1)) x (TempExhaust/261.5)^0.5

Can you explain me that formula? ....261.5?? ....where can I find its Author reference?

Finally, I have seem in rF2 ouput .....TurbineEffects......you are exporting Flows values and not Corrected Flow values such as ISI comments. Is it right?

Regards and thanks for your time.

10. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

11. Vance Le Garde

Vance Le Garde Registered

Does anyone know how to make the mixture adjustable while in cockpit driving ?

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

In the engine ini file.

EngineMixtureRange=(1,0,1)
    EngineMixtureSetting=0

Vance Le Garde likes this.
  13. Vance Le Garde

Thanks I will look for that, and maybe if I can't find it in the engine file I have I can add it in and make it work.

14. Vance Le Garde

What std car engine file is this setting included in so I can see where it shoud be and an idea(explanation) on each setting or step, ta

15. Vance Le Garde

Added it into my current engine file and now it is functioning thanks

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@vancstar sorry mate, I actually only had that post half done and hit post instead of just saving it :oops:

The physics spreadsheet has those lines in it, the skip is missing them. So I guess that was the most important part.

I can't remember where the proper reference is/was for it, but for an actual example I can go back to the ol' SFA mod :D

Code:
    EngineMixtureRange=(0.95, 0.01, 7)
    EngineMixtureSetting=1
    EngineMixtureSpecial=(0,"Lean_1",,0.7)
    EngineMixtureSpecial=(1,"Lean_2",,0.75)
    EngineMixtureSpecial=(2,"Lean_3",,0.8)
    EngineMixtureSpecial=(3,"Race_1",,0.85)
    EngineMixtureSpecial=(4,"Race_2",,0.90)
    EngineMixtureSpecial=(5,"Race_3",,0.95)
    EngineMixtureSpecial=(6,"Max_Power",,1.0)

So you can use the mixture range to define the settings (like a wing, or other ranged parameter), but you can add special entries and put each value where you'd like, and name them too. Hope that helps.