LeoFFB weird issue

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by GTFREAK, Sep 18, 2011.

1. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

I am having a weird issue with the LeoFFB V2 plugin.

For some odd reason (and this only happens when accelerating) when I turn my wheel halfway to either the left or right, the FFB suddenly reverses itself and starts to pull the direction I'm turning.

Has anyone else had this problem before? I cured it once before, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how.

I'm using the G27 btw.

2. Check that your FFB strength has a negative value!

3. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

Yes, it does.

For those that are having issues with this...

There is a value in the INI file that needs to be adjusted. I didn't know this at first, but after reading the INI file it became clear to me.

If you have a G27 like me and leave this value at 6, you'll get the same weird issue I got when I first started using the LeoFFB plugin. If you change this value to a higher number, like 20, you won't have the issue anymore. Now, I'm not sure what this value actually does, so be careful here. I'm sure there is a full explanation of what the value does, but if you don't understand what it does (like me) then you'll just have to play with the value and see what results you get. I don't know if it is affected by the FFB strengh that's set elsewhere, so again, be careful with that value.

Just thought I'd come back here and give a little feedback after finding the problem and correcting it.

Cheers.