Legality of using content from games

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Skynet, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Skynet

Skynet Registered

2. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

i always dreamed about this too...so if you ever manage to get it running, let me know about it ;) i spent sooo many hours cruising around town and always wished i could do it with a wheel and decent FFB...also offroading was much fun on the beaches :p man, you got me dreaming again :)
    on the legal side of this: have you contacted the guys that released the vice-city maps for RF1? i wonder if they ever had any legal problems with it...
    on the ethical side i wont make any comment, because my desire for driving this is too big to make an impartial statement ;)

3. Skynet

Skynet Registered

I tried to contact Dzeszi via rfactor central many times but he didnt respond.

4. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Not a chance, 0.21 and 0.3x versions all of sudden either disappeared or servers started facing difficulties everywhere at the same time and I did even ventured all chinese sites up and down...

5. mianiak

mianiak Registered

It was a bit tricky to find, the download page is here http://www.kilad.net/GTForum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2

6. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I have that, but it gives server error, that is why I seeked alternatives, only one file hoster seem to have it but after inputting verification code it gives out unknown error, not sure why that is happening if it is working for rest of the guys.

edit: other browser works fine, must be that my main browser has decided to crap on itself, once again and download managers are perhaps just banned from most places today...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2012
  7. Skynet

Skynet Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2012