League server parc ferme on for some off for others

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by ADSTA, Aug 23, 2014.

1. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Some of the members of the league I race with are having a problem concerning parc ferme.
    The server is set for no parc ferme but a few of us, after qualifying, are locked into parc ferme.

We are running two series at the moment using the Mak-Corp F3 mod and the URD EGT mod.
    Our league has at least three servers.
    The problem occurs with both mods which, for practice, are on different servers, I'm not an admin so I'm not sure if the same server is used for race nights for the different series.

Seeing as the problem effects only some of us I'm going to assume it's a setting on the users computer.

Has anyone come across this problem before and what settings could be causing it?

Thanks for any help.

2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Not that I'm aware but I do believe parc ferme is on by default when setting up a server. IMO ISI should take parc ferme off by default and streamline the server setting up process. My observation of "noob hosts" is that they have initial issues and it's a bit of a learning curve. Anyway, sorry I can't help you but if you are a host maybe post something in the "wish list forum" about turning off parc ferme for default settings. :p

3. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Thanks Jamie.
    I am not the host but our admin are experienced in running rF1&2 servers hence why I think the problem is on the users end, seeing as not everyone in the race is affected.

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Its in the RFM ADSTA, when the admin creates a vmod he needs to check the RFM in customize and make sure parc ferme is off.

I'm not sure what's happening in your example, clients cannot override server settings so it must have been server settings. maybe json settings aren't enough anymore (if they are still there)
    And when running multiple profiles or servers I know from experience its easy to forget what you have done in a single file, much more so when there's multiple admins :)

5. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

From setting up my own rf2 server turning parc ferme off in the rfm doesn't turn it off. I have to turn it off in the rfm and the player.json file and only then does parc ferme turn off. ;)

Server name: REVS - Simracing UK 2
    Check out www.revs-simracing.co.uk for info on races and leagues. :)

6. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Odd, the rfm does the job for us so far.
    maybe track dependant then as well and we got lucky?