Released Latest Update: Nissan GT500 2013 v1.2 Now Available!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Paulinho, Alex72, Miro and 12 others like this.
  2. tjc

tjc Registered

3. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Thanks for your hard work S397!!!

4. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

OPEN Server is UP

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    Eddy likes this.
  5. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Ouch...you removed the running shadow? I`ll miss it very hard.. :D

Well done!

6. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

I'm only getting sound from one speaker with the new GT500. Anyone else?

7. tjc

tjc Registered

I had to have it turned way down low as it`s late here budd but I "think" I was getting sound from all speakers...

buddhatree likes this.
  8. Nicolas Pailhes

Nicolas Pailhes Registered

You did a great job, thank you to the whole team!

9. smbrm

smbrm Registered

To update, unsubscribe in the workshop then resubscribed to the car. The template folder is a main folder in Rfactor2 sub directory. Current open server identified as Atlantic -GT500 v1.2.
    Looks good, sounds different.
    I like the new wheel choice.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  10. diabolus79

diabolus79 Registered

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  11. boxer

boxer Registered

mine download but did not install... it still shows version 1.0

I think the issue was some v-mods where using it and rF2 fail to uninstall them.

Now that I hunt them down and remove the v-mods what should I do?
    do I UN-subscribe and re-subscribe... is this something we should be expected to do every time?
    *** never mind ... I had UN-subscribed to the mod...
    the only sub-ascribed item I had was the BT44. I just assumed the rF2 download I saw today was the GT500. Maybe something else got update by S397...

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  12. Eddy

Eddy Registered

i think just restart steam and game and your good

13. Eddy

Eddy Registered

ohw and @boxer if that doesn't work try local file integrity check in steam

14. Eddy

Eddy Registered

headset here but sound on both

15. Goanna

Goanna Registered

...steam\steamapps\common\rfactor 2\templates

16. bwana

bwana Registered

not getting V1.2 , showed as downloaded on start up screen and verification ran through, tried un subscribe and re subscribed but still only V1.01.. restarted steam numerous times ?? restart pc numerous times. help plz

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  17. smbrm

smbrm Registered

bwana

The unsubscribe/resubscribe worked for me. But I was just trying stuff. I think it downloaded when I opened Rfactor2 not Steam to my recollection. I then went looking for the server which only showed in the list after 1.2 downloaded. I then went looking for the files and they were there. I was updating from 1.0

I too wondered if I had to delete old stuff, but I didn't.

I thought I was missing something I should have known how to do, but I guess I was not alone.

Providing/repeating "do this and this should happen" instructions probably wouldn't hurt in future especially as there may be more recent newbies. I'm not new to this and I was stumped for a bit.

bwana likes this.
  18. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Thx guys its been a long wait............

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Wow, that sound is....unconventional. That's about the best I can say.

Why is the external rear view (that I never use, but I know others do) volume a small fraction of the other three views? Don't notice this with other cars in rF2. You're supposed to be right at the exhaust exit, which is usually very loud.

The balance between the opponent volume and the player volume is vastly improved over the original, but the opponents are still a bit too loud--and certainly so if the external rear view sound volume is supposed to be realistic.

Why does the car at idle sound like the starter is stuck on and cycling? The transition between whatever that sound is and the normal engine sound is not smooth. Why is that strange starter sound not present in the rear external view?

The overly digitized, thin sound of the original engine has been nicely improved, but there still seems a lack of bass and visceral tone to this. It possesses a grating (still digitized versus analogue) quality that will be very tiresome over a long stint. Some race engines are grating in real life, but the other visceral qualities often compensate for that. Grating, but still digital/somewhat artificial has no compensation.

My overall impression of the sound is that it is a big improvement over v1.0, but still well below what I am expecting from rF2 in 2017. AMS has better sounds and many of the other, older cars in rF2 have better quality sounds than this. I recognize it is hard to compare when you have not heard the original car. I would say that if the original sounds this bad/irritating and like a bucket of bolts while idling, it is a case where I would exercise artistic licence and not reproduce it so accurately. But I hope someone can provide some links to decent recordings of the car idling and then revving up to see if the odd characteristics are really there. The at song vacuum cleaner-like sound is kind of what they sound like out on the track, but no YouTube recording will likely be of high enough quality to truly assess the bass and visceral qualities of the real car. This link suggests it really is painful to listen to (unfortunately):

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/motorsport/whats-it-ride-shotgun-nissans-500bhp-gt500-gt-r

Or is the sound based on the direct-injection 4 cylinder (that I thought wasn't introduced until 2014)? I could imagine one of those sounding this bad...

Last question for the tech experts. If you depress the clutch fully while at speed, should the sequential transmission act at each downshift as if the clutch was not depressed...blipping and over-revving the engine (auto-clutch OFF)? I haven't noticed this with sequentials that typically only require the clutch for starts (in real life or in other cars in rF2 or in AMS), but again, maybe it's part of the design of this car?

Lgel likes this.
  20. ThinlaneT

ThinlaneT Registered