Latest Roadmap Update - September 2019

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

That's a serious question now: do you really think people are running away in droves? My feeling is rather that never before have so many people talked about RF2 and specifically Nords has generated a tremendous interest .....

2. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Guys, not every roadmap is going to be an explosion + fireworks with Kenn Block doing a drift around it - but we are, as usual, plugging away and working like mad on your fav sim ;) Not to forget, we did just release some very anticipated content a few days ago, so that's going to take the cake of course!
    The goal of the roadmaps is a peak into our development and to give you a constant/consistent flow of news and previews. One month is a short period of time in a whole year :)

3. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Thanks S397. Don't worry about the children, they'll get tired soon and nod off. :p

4. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

1 year ago the "new" UI had already taken a ridiculously amount of time to finish. At this point its so long overdue that I dont even have any words for it. Its not even a joke anymore its just...tragic really. Lots of really epic content has surfaced in the mean time. Its such a big BIG shame that there is no way to race this casually online.

This new content really deserves hundreds of online players having the time of their life racing eachother. RF2 is just so frustrating to be a fan of !

Mauro and LokiD like this.
  5. AMillward

AMillward Registered

November’s roadmap confirmed.

They held their hands up and admitted it was going to take longer than anticipated.

juanchioooo likes this.
  6. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Children..? Whining? Do some racing?

I can't its fucked, offline. Pardon the French. But it's deserved.

Get over yourself.

7. TJones

TJones Registered

It's pretty opvious that many people expected release of new UI (beta) very soon. Unsurprisingly many disgruntled posts here. :)
    I think it might would have been better, to release the new UI without competition system already some time ago. So we could enjoy already a nice modern UI, which had also a positive effect on sales. I can imagine developing a competition system takes a lot of time and effort, so this part postponed the release for many month, not everyone is interested in online racing. Many necessary code base improvements like AI, drivetrain, cockpit/dash are further pushed back to 2020 and beyond.
    Nevertheless looking forward to nice Christmas present. :)

8. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

+1
    and Point!

juanchioooo likes this.
  9. TheGame316

TheGame316 Registered

There may have been interest in rF2 due to Nords, but it really has not translated into a larger or smaller player base. It has stayed pretty steady. Go look at Steam charts. The all time player count was highest at the DX11 open beta with a sharp drop and then even out to around the same as now.
    The fact that the most anticipated track did not show an increase in players shows that it is not all about content.

And Chris, you are right. Not every roadmap should be fireworks etc but when a feature was announced around 2 years ago and still is not here, it has to make the player base wonder if it is going to be worth it.

LokiD likes this.
  10. Comante

Comante Registered

I want to think that we are one update away from heaven. Now content wise I think we have a large pool of official content to use : tracks and cars can generate hundreds of combos. I really hope to see core improvement ASAP. A competition system for online activity is mandatory in (almost) 2020, actually if you are not in a league or in a subscribed event, online activity is zero chance to happen. So like me people end up playing offline, and the above endless combos are cutted down due to AI and track problems with AI. Yes where it work it work like a charm, and you almost forget about that you wanted to do some online racing with real people, but many other times the experience is conditioned by lack of care in the AI compartment and lack of control over what we can do to AI to make the offline activity fun instead of hell. I know that UI won't solve all the problems, but I hope competition system does not wait too much to come, I unfortunately don't hold too many hopes for AI as in many instances is a problem of code and content, so the fixes appeare a huge task.

gunner1483, Mibrandt and LokiD like this.
  11. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

Well the release of Nords caused more interest in fact and more than 1000 people have been in the game at peak each of the last days. It's the most popular time for rF2 since may17. There are only 2 sims stronger, iracing and AC. One single piece of content can't change everything, but new content is an important contribution for the future success of rF2. The new UI might be important for people to bring them to rF2, way more essential for my point of view is the MP competition system. If this will be setup right and competition will be seriously possible, rF2 will have a golden future. I'm annoyed sometimes as well as it takes so long, also regarding the Nords. But seeing the result in the end, I don't have any arguments anymore. Marcel and his team are clever guys, they know what is needed and what to do that we all can enjoy rF2 for a long time.

12. TheGame316

TheGame316 Registered

But did it really create more interest? As I said roughly the same peak players(within around 100 or so) occurred from Nov 2018 until June this year. And then a drop for 2 months(around the time of the 24Hr) only to be increased this month due to most likely Nords. As for UI and Competition system, I see these hand in hand. Without the new UI, the comp system is not capable. And as pointed out by staff, content creators are working separately to those working on UI/MP. The new content is good and the creators have my trust. But at this stage the staff working on these other features do not, due to the length of time plus the issues we have seen with stuttering, the 24hr debacle. Believe me I want them to succeed as I have spent the best part of the last 2-3 years researching and learning the physics side of things for our modding team and do not want all that time to go to waste if the leagues I run in decide to move to something else(possibly AMS2 upcoming) although I would see that being a hard decision to make considering the outlay players have made on DLC.

13. Christopher Elliott

I think the way to be here on the forum is to talk to someone like you're in the room with them. I'll bet you'd all get along and end up having some beers ;)
    Just please try not to fly off the handle, this forum is ultimatly about enjoyment and fun...keep sight of that or take a break and come back when you've cooled off :)

RaceNut, adamfarmer, bwana and 12 others like this.
  14. Christopher Elliott

Depends on how you look at it, we are not going to release it until it's ready. It's too important for that :)
    We all understand the impatience, and we will update as much as we possibly can.

15. LokiD

LokiD Registered

If someone called me a child to my face they would indeed have something to whine about ha. Just because people may agree what's happening doesnt give them the right to call out ridiculous names.

My points and many here are valid.

But I agree what your saying. But maybe your post should be at the people posting the offensive names I didn't.

I am having a break from rf2 it's Not installed, until the ui, but if u want me to step away from the forums I can on behalf of the people who do spew names.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  16. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

not rushing the UI is a good thing,
    imagine the nightmare if its not working right or not really that much different

thanks for the roadmap update

lagg likes this.
  17. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Yes that may be, I think until you can see all this in numbers, it takes some Time and online / offline is something else too :). But I've been playing RF2 for a long time and was always the nerd with the other normal gamers. They just played PC, Forza or something like that and did not know RF2 at all. That has taken over since Studio 397, changed a lot. RF2 is everywhere in the conversation, there are many the questions how and where to find which settings and there are people who have addressed me and RF2 have tested and can now understand me, why you Play this Game :). Yes, the UI and the competition system are extremely important, but the development up to now was absolutely necessary

18. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

Little tip for those who like to calculate popularity and count shekels in others pocket:
    In your Steam app you can find number of active subscribers for any track and car rf2 using. Good luck counting numbers.

19. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

I'm grateful for the road maps each month.
    I'm also grateful for the Nordschleife & Porsche Cup Car this month.
    I'd miss the road map news if S397 stopped posting them.

As for the UI, Good things come to those who wait.

Thank you S397

20. kimbo

kimbo Registered

Are you really 48 years old?
    So sad...

bwana likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.