Latest Roadmap Update - October 2021

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Oct 29, 2021.

1. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

It's killing me, that and the new RC with the supposed physic features :(:(:oops::oops:

2. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Hey @Balazs Magyar yes you are right, the blog should've dropped last week, however as I've put on Discord a couple of times now, other items have required attention that have taken us away from getting this finished. We hoped to do it over the weekend and publish early this week, however with Marcel on leave this week that hasn't been proven to be possible sadly, so it looks most likely that it will be dropping next Wednesday I suspect.

Sorry for the delay.

3. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

@S397

It's really disappointing that the various software developments are slowing down so much.

But where is this Release Candidate, that we fans of rF2, are looking forward to ??

In addition, a few months ago, I noticed that for about two years, the creation of car content had slowed down a lot. Someone from S397 told me that was not true (I don't remember who), but it is factually false. Even the creation of car content, which was one of your strengths, has slowed down sharply for 2 years.

Frankly I am very disappointed, not to mention the orientation of rF2 and the priorities that you have chosen to carry out.

You are really totally losing this trade war that you are waging (amicably) with the other sims, and you desperate thousands of users.

Adam Helyes and Nieubermesch like this.
  4. Jason PLAdoh

Jason PLAdoh Registered

Just a Thought, by no means Official,
    Maybe the game is being wound down, for the ever popular announcement of "RF3",

Ala "Unfinished Project Cars 1-2".

J

5. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

sadly Project cars 2 is well finished, works very well with multiplayers, a lots of content, nice rallycross, all the seasons weathers, Project cars 2 is well finished, only the AI is not very good...

6. Jason PLAdoh

Jason PLAdoh Registered

7. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

need more game not finished like Project cars 2.

8. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

If it was the case, I aabsolutely dont know if it will be a good news or not.

Hope AC2 arrive very quickly.
    I don't know if it suits me, but what I know is :

All qualities of AC 1 + qualities of ACC and very few defects of these two games (I think AC2 will be like this) = the best sim for sure.

Just a little (euh no, not a little, incredibly is the good term) tired, impatient and exasperated about rF2 (the only game + sim that I play since 2015, before that was rF1).

9. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

I'm exactly in the same position as you. I expressed that sentiment about AC2 in discord... They have the opportunitty to bring something special.

10. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

in Fact I prefer ACC with Nordschleife, but I will take AC2 day 1 for sure, Kunos are actually the best sim makers.

11. pig

pig Registered

With just released ACC 1.8 and AMS2 1.3, IN comparison RF2 is progressing soooo slowly…

Elcid43 and Nieubermesch like this.
  12. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

They will be releasing something substantial in December, I believe. Lets wait....

mantasisg likes this.
  13. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

There is not that long left to survive till "something substantial" then.

Haha

14. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Based on the Roadmap there were things like physics being improved, or some new features. Hopefully something of the AI and other work done on Nascar(....) ported to RF2. The new tire work on all cars and things like shadows cascading are developments that should be also on the pipeline... I just don't know how substantial the new RC will be, since they are down on staff.

mantasisg likes this.
  15. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

rF2 is like Usain Bolt, AMS 2 is like another runner, he can improve fast and training, he will never be at the rF2 level, comparing to FFB and physics, even ACC is far ahead AMS 2 but it's behind rF2.

I have tested the 1.3 version for AMS 2, it's better, but it doesn't change it feels simcade (to not say arcade) compared to rF2, like on a rail, with hidden assists. After 10 minutes a few laps, you get bored.

AMS 2 is not for me, I know it can't be at the rF2 level, probably cause the Madness Engine is inferior to the rF2 ISI engine, even if there are some similar codes and ISI assets.

About the december update, last year for nov/dec 2020 we had 4 DLCs cars, 1 track (Spa), and many tracks updated.
    I'm sad but even if we have been nice this year, for Christmas I feel like we won't have as many gifts, I hope I'm wrong for my biggest suprise.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    Badboy and Nieubermesch like this.
  16. Schumi

Schumi Registered

I'm sure there will be many surprises waiting for us, for example a discount on rF2 and several sets of DLC's.

DaREALMastaD likes this.
  17. mjo1704

mjo1704 Registered

i have experience with all these games and i can say that rfactor 2 is the absolute number one best physics modeling light graphics engine fps friendly option to mods light cpu usage on my rig i5 4690 k 4.4 ghz gpu 1080 ti is enough for maximum game settings in all gaming conditions i don't know where, for example, acc wastes all CPU power not at least on physics because it's far from rf2 physics it's ridiculous that I should invest 1,200 euros on the motherboard processor + memory combs to get rid of horrible stuttering

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'll give ya 10c for a full stop.

19. philman

philman Registered

Seen on facebook today:

Hello sim racers!

Traditionally we use the last day of the month to release our regular Development Roadmap post, however on this occasion we have decided against putting something together for November, as the whole team here at Studio 397 are working hard on a lot of new content, features and a couple of rather nice surprises!

We appreciate this will disappoint some of you, however we expect the next four weeks will be exciting ones for our players, and we can’t wait to share some fruits of our labours over the coming weeks!

Stay tuned…

I am one of the people who are happy that this roadmap is coming to an end. Indeed, what is the point of announcing things that don't happen or not talking about things that do happen. And then we don't have to talk about the things that are annoying; the recurring bugs, the things that are not finished and that may never be finished and all those things that customers complain about and that don't get heard.
    We may finally have some real surprises, good or bad.
    Wait and see.

20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

But...I WANT, nay, I DEMAND to know what they are doing! I am a paying customer, I...well...I haven't paid for anything since Monza...but that doesn't matter...(I don't even like Monza...give me IMOLA any day) but I...I...ME....ME... even if it IS a surprise. I think we'll all be thrilled when the NEW old-corvette pacecar appears. If they ain't working on the car that I deserve....well...!!!!

Elcid43 likes this.