Latest Roadmap Update -October 2017

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

fx 8350, 8gb ram, gtx 1060 gainward, gigabyte 970A, I do not know if it's lucky but it's great for me on dx11

GRAB_041.JPG GRAB_046.JPG

demerzel likes this.
  2. Bruce0440

Bruce0440 Registered

VR is the future, but I undestart the rest of the people want. I am a VR user so I would like VR impruviments but olso, physics, ffb, tyre models......

Edu likes this.
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

What development needs to be done for VR? I'm asking seriously.

WiZPER likes this.
  4. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

- VR is future = agree
    - VR improvement relativly quickly = absolutely not a priority (priorities are ultra important to improve rf2 with a small team)
    - Physics/FFB = ultra important, huge priority
    - Performance improvement = very important (less than physics/ffb)
    - Graphics improvement = relatively important but less than physics/FFB and performance but more than VR (overall graphics improvement = for all community VS VR is only for some users....)

VR improvement is planned, great, but slowly than : developments which are the most important / the most priority / the most usefull for as many people as possible.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

As it stands not a great deal, Lock To Horizon is the biggest requested feature that is lacking (although S397 have tried in the past but it threw up more issues), I'm sure the new UI will be VR friendly as well, other than that further optimisations but nothing massive that I can think of right now. The base is there and it works very well aside some random problems that VR seems to throw up, remembering its still early tech and both Oculus & Steam are still improving their software & drivers.

6. lagg

lagg Registered

From my point of view, the performance and the lock to horizon, but with a I7, GTX1080, 16 GBRAM it works very well.
    IMO, nowadays there are more important things to do (UI, DX11 rendering...)

I want to clarify that i'm not defending what would be good for me.
    I've never used rendering plugins (prefer a clean sight), the current UI is ok for me, and i've a very good pc.
    For me, simulation is to be as close to reality as possible. And VR help us to be closer. Is as important as other things as FFB, car phisics, good circuits...)
    For me it's like a table with a lot of legs, and everyone is important to get the balance.

juanchioooo likes this.
  7. elbo

elbo Registered

As above, lock to horizon would be up there, better placement for the huds would be good but not a priority.
    Would be nice to look back at the car and have tires on the back of it...

8. Louis

Louis Registered

Hi, are we still in beta? Is the v11-open-beta in steam properties the latest version of rf2? Thanks

9. Magus

Magus Registered

Yes & v1109-dx11-beta is the latest version:
    Capture.JPG

10. Louis

Louis Registered

Thank you

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

It is clear that for you VR is not important.
    VR or extended screen (triple monitor or projector) are a requirement if you want to use 1:1 FOV which means bringing realism to cockpit view.

I am personally tired of reading your constant repeating of how important are physics and FFB, diminishing others requests importante. Rfactor2 leads in those aspects and it hasn't brought the user numbers up.

If Studio 397 wants to earn money, I understand it needs to improve the weak points that prevent many from buying it. I wonder how many refunds this game has because of a poor initial experience due to performance or "bad graphics" reasons.

BTW considering you are a guru of physics or FFB you shouldn't be asking so often which of the cars are best modelled in terms of physics or FFB. You should already know considering your priorities. If you can't perceive those differences by yourself you shouldn't be asking for improvement an aspect that you can't figure yourself whether it is right or not.

WiZPER, Emery, Eddy and 4 others like this.
  12. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

- Just let other users (like me) having different opinions than yours.
    - Respect other opinions. We each have different opinions. I often read your interesting posts, and when I don't agree : I answer with respect without judging you or just I don't answer.
    - Avoid to make value judgment and "treating" other guys which have the same passion of "gourou" for example. That is not very respectfull and civil.

- I am happy that VR works relatively good on rf2 (not for me but for guys like you and because it contribute S397 to increase their users). Improvement for the moment is OBJECTIVELY not a priority. But S397 have to do it more slowly than priorities.
    - You speak about performance : you're wrong for me it is stongly important and for me that is indispensable to increase users.... like you want as VR.
    - Concerning graphics, it is not very important for me. But I like good graphics. I am very disappointed to the overall quality of dx 11 engine, can I tell this or you'll judge me ;)

Just stay civil, value judgment are useless we are on a forum and we have the same passion. Don't """"insult"""" guys saying there are "gourou", that is not correct.

And you know what's funny : I have the same point of view with 90% of your posts.

lukilord1 likes this.
  13. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

By repe
    By constantly repeating your requests without tagging them as PERSONAL
    you seem not to be accepting others priorities.

In the post I quoted, you were talking absolute as if you were representing the whole community.
    - VR improvement relativly quickly = absolutely not a priority (priorities are ultra important to improve rf2 with a small team)
    - Physics/FFB = ultra important, huge priority

Staying civil does not imply not saying that I don't like your tiring attitude.

14. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

You are "naive" in this post (not you, the post) :

---> ALL USERS speak always for themself LIKE ME, that is named an opinion. I NEVER SPEAK FOR THE COMMUNITY, I ALWAYS SPEAK FOR MYSELF (like any users).

But my posts/threads/interventions/opinions are ALWAYS given ONLY with factual arguments / pragmatic argruments / after huge time of testing (example : concerning graphics/performance I made just ~50 hours of tests) / I try always AT ANY TIME to be the more objective that it can be possible.

So NO, I speak just for myself and I always try to help the community (in giving advise / results of my tests / give my experience).... just TO HELP PEOPLE HERE !

So for me, after thinking about it, I think this bad discution have a cause :
    you misunderstood that I never wanted to speak for all the community, things that I say are 95% based of factual/pragmatic analyze (I could be wrong STILL, I am not GOD).

That is sad.... I just want to help the community and as ALL users to contribute in giving my opinion... sad that you and perhaps some other users think this:(

We are off topic, please we stop here.

15. vittorio

vittorio Registered

@dadaboomda Then I want to express my opinion too. Although I try to do it only once.

I don't think that rF2 problems of users that are not the majority are not important and not a priority. If there are problems for AMD users which are not the majority it is important to get fixed. If there are problems for tripple monitor users it is important. Same for Direct Drive Wheel users and same for VR users. You can continue this list: OS version, specific PC configuration ... Almost everyone is not the majority regarding its simulation configuration.

EDIT: @dadaboomda Please don't take this personal or something, I only want to express that I don't share your opinion regarding this point (majority/minority). I really like your dedication to rF2 on this forum and trying to help people!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  16. Lgel

Lgel Registered

The problem is not us who read this forum and post here with a variable frequency.
    The problem is with the immense majority of RF2 owners that don't even play RF2 anymore, so don't read nor post in this forum.
    They start their game when an update is announced, try it and forget RF2 until next update.
    Why don't they play anymore?
    Weren't they stunned by the superbly executed GT3 pack?
    Do you believe they are stupid and prefer inferior sims like AC or PC2?
    Cheers.

vittorio likes this.
  17. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

This guys should be happy with all with the updates they got so far ;)
    VR.jpg

Steam spy shows that there are 33,57% who are using multi-monitor desktop resolution and the change is +0,20% :oops:. I wonder why people are still buying expensive multi-monitor`s if this new fantastic VR technology is so amazing as many claims, please don`t waist your time to explain me about VR I own Oculus:p My choice for sim-racing is multi monitor res. 10320x1444 so simple is that.
    Number of 10xx cards is growing all the time (1060 + 3,69%, 1050 +3,92%, 1050 Ti, 8,32%)One may also wonder how many is going to get new 10xx card to Christmas and there plan to any SMP support o_O Nvidia SLI is more then 10 years old technology but there is no SLI support, why not there are more people using Nvidia SLI then VR?
    Then we have loads of people who don`t have all this fancy stuff and have older PC`s why don`t they play this game? I think answer can be found in technical forums :(.

John likes this.
  18. yippssy

yippssy Registered

@Christopher Elliott

It could be great if Studio397 could fix a problem for years, avoid an image freeze when someone goes out of an online session, it's not fixed and it's a problem which does impossible serious multiplayer races.

Now many people will say to me: "I race in that forum and I don't have this problem", ok that's great, please say to Studio397 how to solve it.

Thanks a lot.

SPASKIS likes this.
  19. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Virtual reality is starting, next year will come new glasses, better resolutions, more advanced, and much more economical ,with better immersion

20. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

How can people that dont have the problem help S397 to fix it?
    I can only imagine this problem happening if the car of the players that leave are not being stored in garage (like GTR2 days), but I'm not sure you can actually set it to happen, never seen an option to turn it off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.