Latest Roadmap Update - May 2019

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 31, 2019.

1. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Would that be the final destination I am quickly gone again. But the faith or I hope not. I'm a single player player .. would be a pity .

Bogdy, gt911 and dazzer like this.
  2. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

IMG_20190517_114432.jpg

JimmyT, DrivingFast, coltair and 3 others like this.
  3. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  4. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Acc isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination. Its rather good has bugs but it feels authentic and mostly works.

memoNo1 and mr.Sw1tchblade like this.
  5. williang83

williang83 Registered

There are people that needs quantity over quality to have fun, while others prefer quality over quantity to have fun. Probably the former fits better to you in order to not get bored. I would prefer a game with 10-20 tracks, 1-3 categories but very well made in all terms.

And yes i do agree that you are easily pleased since accepting current SP experience offered by rF2 means having very low standards:

- No championship
    - No connection between sessions
    - AI not affected by not fatal damages (typical wingless ai that keeps racing at the same speed like nothing has happened)
    - AI struggling as soon as thing goes beyond the follow the racing like logic
    - AI unable to deal with wet races
    - AI unable to deal with pit strategy and without the copy and paste feeling
    - AI without personalities and individual skills that are preserved between the whole weekend even more the whole championship which impacts both strategy planning and driving behavior
    ....and many others.....

The sad part is that, until today, there is not even a valid MP alternative since the famous UI/competition update is being worked for months and nothing has been released yet.

I did bought GTE pack and i actually had fun but you can soon see the limits and hit the bottom. Of course the physics and FFB is great but that's it. I could understand if the SP was broken for community content only, which i little care about, but for official content? Problem is that this game still follow the extremely shallow SP experience inherited by ISI rF1.

If i'm writing this is because i do hope for rF2 to actually become the reference platform and surely the ui/competition update will help to get close to the goal but geez 2 damn years for a feature development? Because that's what we are talking about! It is getting tiring this 2 years waiting, specially if you consider that games are done in 2 years and those more complex in 4 years but we are talking for a full game development not UI/network development only.

It is all up to what someone is looking for, for me:
    - I have not interest in arcade or simcades
    - I prefer SP over MP but if there is no option then MP can be the alternative. However if the SP is the reason i'm using a given platform then it must be well done and full experience. Instead if MP is the reason then it must offer an online racing schedule and rating system.
    - I'm looking for wec/imsa content, which is basically the only category i care about, maybe f1 but mainly for tracks rather than cars itself
    - I don't rely on community stuff because yes you cannot expect/demand them to fits perfectly the system (eg. not broken ai)
    - I would rather pay a little more but have a way more polished product...quality over quantity...geez i work for that

With all this consideration i can easily exclude any console games, PC2, ACC, AC, R3E and even AMS (although the physics seems to be great). I'm only left with either hoping that rF2 becomes a better overall package either SP or MP or dive into iR which is far from perfection but no one can deny that the overall package is definitely more polished than any other. Of course once you follow iR path you just don't back down and waste all the money invested.

That being said i was expecting to a more interesting roadmap update but again a very disappointing one, maybe the worst of all considering the two years span time and the very little information about it. I honestly was using ACC released date as reference date to take a decision and it just sad me that i'm forced to follow iR because maybe the UI will be released next week but maybe it might take even a whole year to be released since there is no direct communication about the real progress...been there done that!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    Tech G, DaREALMastaD, Anto870 and 3 others like this.
  6. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

The best is the helmet camera in VR mode. Pure immersion.

7. bwana

bwana Registered

Good luck with IR and SP , apart from lack of quality in the physics department you will be shedding $$ for SP. l guess you will harp on over there about what’s not right but be warned ,one post anything like your last few here and you will be talking to yourself ..

AlenC likes this.
  8. xerofer

xerofer Registered

Great news, thank you very much!

9. williang83

williang83 Registered

Probably you are missing the point, I never said that i'm considering iR for SP, don't be silly, of course it is for MP. I was expecting rF2 to UI/competition to be released to decide whether its MP experience would be enough but two years and still nothing has been delivered. Currently iR offers good MP and no SP, rf2 bad MP and very bad SP so overall the former offers a better package because at least one between SP and MP is good enough.

I already have experience with iR and, cost aside, it was very satisfying and i had little to complain about. Sure the physics is inferior but the overall package is unmatched.

10. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Rfactor2 is going to die?

[​IMG]

Despite you're frustrated with it, it's not true, i guess it is in the right hands, we need patience ATM, the more they work on it, the more problems they face and that takes time, but i'm sure in one year it will dust off competition...

Adam Helyes and muzikant like this.
  11. mr.Sw1tchblade

@williang83 if you waiting for mp and competition, buy iracing stuff.

12. williang83

williang83 Registered

I want to genuinely ask you, are you being sarcastic?

Rui Santos likes this.
  13. mr.Sw1tchblade

Nope. If you don't want to be patient beta tester, just play iracing.

williang83 likes this.
  14. dufrene

dufrene Registered

Just wanted to add something to this.
    Adding things to AI are nice. For racing simulators, I couldn't agree more. But the more you add, the more CPU/GPU you will drain. For middle (or low) end computer it becomes then difficult to run the game. In Assetto, it is unplayable if you put a decent amount of AI, In PC2 they fixed it with a limit of 32 cars which makes Le Mans really... empty for exemple.

In fact, RF2 is actually the only game that I can currenlty play with 56 Cars at Le Mans (modded track for now, but I'm delighted for the official one that is going to come) and I prefer that they add nothing than something cool but unfriendly for performance. I only play SP, and I pretty like how it is right now. If they can add Ai traits at no cost, then... off course i'll welcome it!

Tech G and bwana like this.
  15. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Thanks to those that voice their opinion in a civil way, be that criticism or praise. However, anyone that's just here to cause trouble and fight with everyone, we won't be letting you stay.

lagg, JimmyT, Travis and 6 others like this.
  16. Christopher Elliott

It's still in very much in progress! :) But we let Le Mans have the spotlight this month.

17. bwana

bwana Registered

Another who doesn’t want to join a league and complains about MP . Enough said moving on

Rui Santos likes this.
  18. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Awesome news.

Please could you fix the GT3 displays, and the LMP2 Cosworth steering wheel also looks a bit odd. Raised here: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/gt3-cosworth-icd-display.63122/

You've got the base cars, an awesome track. Just fix those tiny, easy graphically things and you've got a killer Endurance DLC/game. I'm literally willing to do the Cosworth ICD replacement for free if it helps, because the BMW M6 GT3 just kills me looking at the ugly and incorrect display.

memoNo1 likes this.
  19. Christopher Elliott

20. williang83

williang83 Registered

Pretty lame statement! From my experience leagues are made of single race event and you either meet they inflexible schedule or you are out, I'm sorry but I have busy professional life I want to play when I'm able to and feel I want to since I'm not a teenager with huge amount of free time. Competition is meant to fix this similar to what iR does

Duvel likes this.