Latest Roadmap Update - May 2017!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. demerzel

demerzel Registered

They are working on it for little over than half a year.

2. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

That's wrong, rF2 offers a solution to render directly to the screen. But that plugin used a different approach and hooked the dx rendering with a custom d3d9.dll. That is the reason why it's not working with dx11, simply because the application ignores that dx9.dll which is required to hook the rendering and paint ontop. The authors can simply render the official way and then it would work.

demerzel and GrimDad like this.
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Gonzo The authors of rF2 can, but plugin developers can't. The plugin interface hasn't yet been updated to support drawing.

*Actually, I believe it's possible to inject drawing code in the same way people have done it with d3d9.dll. So right now that's the only option available in dx11.

4. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

I am pretty sure there is an ability to directly draw - or i have misunderstood something. I am going to ask them, hold on.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Gonzo Just to avoid confusion, because reading it back it's not clear: I was talking about dx11.

Dx9 does indeed have an interface to the screen via the plugin interface.

6. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Ah so this has been dropped for dx11 / not yet been re-implemented?
    That might be true, i would have to check...

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Last I saw on discord, they were still thinking about how best to do it. But also, understandably, this is waiting til after dx11 performance is up to par.

8. stonec

stonec Registered

From my understanding neither method to render from plugins work at the moment, as plugins like pedal overlay and delta best that don't rely on a custom d3d9.dll are also not working.

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I feel like we're going in circles here.

- The plugin interface for accessing the screen, that works in dx9, doesn't work in dx11. This will be reintroduced at some point, though maybe not in the same way.
    - d3d9.dll injection, that works in dx9, doesn't work in dx11, because it's not dx9.
    - dx11 injection, using whatever that would use, would work. But plugins have to be made to do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.