Latest Roadmap Update - March 2018!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Louis

Louis Registered

maybe struggling is a harsh word but defitely shouldn´t be a concern anymore. i believe.

This could save a lot of drama.
    I was thinking first in 30 frames more in average with the new update, first. Then i realize that would represent half of what i get with my actual settings (high) at the start.
    Now im thinking un 12 fps more

2. Louis

Louis Registered

this should be a petition :D
    100% agree

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  3. CrossPly

CrossPly Registered

Nice roadmap.

This screenshot is particularly interesting in that the mirrors on the car appear to be working even though its being viewed from an external camera.

I'm sure someone someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe its possible to do that with our current build...

I know there are a few different ways to fake the effect but it doesn't look like any of the one's I'm familiar with.

[​IMG]

F1Aussie, Fremen78 and Louis like this.
  4. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Sad to see some impatient replies here. I'm really excited about new cars and tracks. Finally, next week I will be able to race GT3 offline with nice skins.

5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Quote didn't work .

6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

This is possible now and forever before in AC ,R3E and pC2 , all drive about the same as each other ! Just like any GT3 .

7. fab06

fab06 Registered

thx for the roadmap ..

but still miss sparks (sound/collision) and all the old Rfactor1 stuff of the TDF files that still don't work in 2018 and no words about it :confused:
    can it be activeted atleast in the Devmod ??

one exemple (important point for me) : when gravel trap or sand will slow a car on rfactor2 tracks ??

Louis likes this.
  8. Depco

Depco Registered

I was super stoked after last month's roadmap because it made me feel that the performance update was right around the corner. I wait the whole month believing that they were simply testing to confirm it works and then it was going to be released by the end of the month. Instead we get a release of Karts (Made almost completely by a 3rd party developer as far I understand) and an announcement of a skin pack for an already released DLC (made primarily of user made assets)... oh and some promises of upcoming content. Performance is held back by a few bugs STILL..... and UI is really having some problems....

Excuse me if I am not currently on the rF2 bandwagon. I have been a staunch rF2 and S397 defender for a long, long time. Hell, I run an entire league dedicated to racing rF2 content. Vast amounts of my free time are dedicated to S397 and rF2. In fact, outside of my full time job I spend more time doing rF2 related things than anything else in my life. My family has become accustomed to this. If it were not for guys like me rF2 would not have the online following that it does.

So while I appreciate that the developers are trying to get this content out to us as quickly as possible I think I have earned the right to be a bit put off when the very thing that I think rF2 needs the most (Performance updates and improvements and UI) is taking a back seat to promises of content and new DLC.

And to the developers and mods, Marcel, Christopher, Tim, Tutle, Coutie, I am not trying to be a jerk simply to cause drama. I am expressing my displeasure at the situation that I think is developing. rF2 is the ONLY sim I use. It is the ONLY one I think deserves hard drive space on my rig. I want to see it bask in the glory of financial and critical success. But my patience is wearing very thin at this point. And I think I represent a good number of rF2 community who want all these things.

We want to see actual improvements, not promises and pretty screenshots.

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Depco You said it yourself, they didn't do the karts and they didn't do the skins. So they're doing other stuff.

Ronnie, ADSTA and Seven Smiles like this.
  10. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Great news guys. Thank you very much. One question:
    I installed the community skinpack from my rd for the gt3 pack.
    When the new skinpack arrives, does I have to delet the old one?
    I would love to keep both :p

11. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

I feel bad for the guys trying to fix this mess. It feels like they are digging themselves deeper and deeper down a hole the more they try to fix things. 8 months ago they claimed the UI was very close to beta release !. I cant even imagine how much crap they must find beneath the surface of this painted old car if it takes so long to restore. Hats off to the ones who keep believing in this project though.

12. Depco

Depco Registered

@Lazza I know, which makes it all the more frustrating when the base game improvements seem to be progressing slower than they should be. I am sure that Marcel and the boys are working as hard as they can without getting divorced. I understand that bugs pop up in development. Clearly moving from DX9 to DX11 caused a ton of issues (Especially while trying to maintain backward comparability with already developed content). But why not make some incremental updates to show where the team is? Clearly they can make updates without putting out an entirely new build. They have done it several times already with 1109.

It's late now and I have a league race to administer tomorrow... or maybe I don't. Maybe I need some time off.

13. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

18 months have passed since first roadmap. It is a long time. I understand things are complicated but come on... The first UI screenshots were in early 2017. It was expected to be released with DX11 in May.

None of the DLC was announced back then. It is being prioritized over content. Don't tell me is different people. Put the required resources to fulfill promises on time.

UsedMomo and Louis like this.
  14. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

Are the GTE and the LMP2 cars from URD? When yes, I don't wanna buy it again.

15. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

How do you know content is taking priority,could it be that making cars is taking less time than fixing the core the problems with rf2,or maybe the creation team is larger than the coding teams.
    End of the day it’s all speculation,I won’t lie I was a disappointed when I first read this road map as I was secretly wishing for some great updates to the core of rf2.

But if we negate the content aspect of the road map,it reads just like the feb map,which I think it means,the team are finding more problems as they move along,I want everything yesterday,but i don’t want it released with bugs,so I’m looking at this in a positive way,in that they are fleshing out as many bugs if not all of them before release.

Sherwin92 likes this.
  16. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Will you help pay for those added recourses,it’s clear they need more devs to do do the coding,but without charging a subscription,how can they afford to pay their wages.

Hopefully dlc will enable them to employ more,but I doubt it as paying out money seems like a sore point to many in rf2.

It’s looking more like a double edged sword for them,so the have to cope with what they have while still trying to generate income,it is a business after all

And gte/gt3 makes sense from a business point of view,in most sims it’s got the greatest following,so if s397 don’t supply these cars,how can they generate more income,obscure vintage content for free doesn’t cut it,because other sims largest communities are in cars that are easier to drive.

With the updates of iracing coming in the coming months,the new acc,and other titles constantly improving,s397 imho only have a very short window to get stuff done to take their share of he market from other titles,but being smaller and generating a lot less income,I can’t see it happening.

Sadly for the long time members of rf2,I think it’s going to take a few years before we see numbers flock back here,and to the revenue.

Just to be clear I was disappointed when I read the road map,but then I try to look at rf2 from a business standpoint,and then it makes more sense,slow and steady wins the race

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    Sherwin92, OldSchwede and SteveK like this.
  17. sg333

sg333 Registered

So so much to look forward, and its great to see so much work simultaneously in progress. I honestly dont know how S397 are funding all this work on a product most of us bought years ago, but hopefully sales of DLC help them out.

Sebring, Norma, GTE C7, Oreca and the new Enduracers content will keep me happy for a long time :)

Seven Smiles and jayarrbee36 like this.
  18. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Err.... no.
    Bring on the sports cars!

19. SteveK

SteveK Registered

yes, 100% agree
    the tyre physics, driver swap, day/night transitions, changing weather, dynamic surface... the heart of rF2 is the endurance racing.

20. caravan_driver

caravan_driver Registered

I remember when another game opened a poll so we could vote for the cars we wanted to see on a DLC.
    When the results came out with the modern F1 far ahead of everything else people sent death threats. :D

[​IMG]

Seven Smiles and MarcG like this.