Latest Roadmap Update - March 2017!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 17, 2017.

1. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

A question you don't have to answer, no pressure though.

Hows the performance in VR for rfactor 2 going? If you don't mind giving us small base of VR users taste of what to expect?
    Would one currently running rfactor 2 with all the graphic settings on high or max still be able to keep those settings with a proper GPU pushing VR?

Not out to ridicule you guys, just curious if detail settings will have to be lower and such. Lets be realistic, VR is taxing there's no doubt about it and it shows in just about every decent title to date. DCS world, elite dangerous, iracing, Pcars, even AC all needed to be "massaged" to get working right.

I wouldn't expect rfactor 2 to work out of the bag........However if that is the case, you guys are brilliant. :)

2. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

*speechless*

bravotangosix likes this.
  3. bluet

bluet Registered

AGREE:) only 44 sleeps to go ;)

bravotangosix and Magus like this.
  4. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

thanks studio 397 :)

[​IMG]

bluet and andrea_274 like this.
  5. Mauro

Mauro Registered

no news about WIP Brabham BT44.
    project is still at 11 october 2016.

5 months without news. very disappointed :(

peterchen, bwana, TwoHardCore and 4 others like this.
  6. sg333

sg333 Registered

I'm wondering about this line "We can’t wait to announce some very, very cool content news soon, for both cars and tracks" - is related to DLC? Possibly pay content?

7. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

It's something I raised a while back. They need to pay wages like everyone. I'm guessing some sort of DLC is on the cards. I will gladly pay for good content to help support the title.

Oh, and VR is now a massive priority to get. I'm holding all at S397 personally responsible for the state of my marriage over the next month or 2. :p

8. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

lovely progress :)

9. Ernie

Ernie Registered

That's really a rFactor 2.5.
    Thanks for the roadmap update. Looks great.

10. Karei

Karei Registered

I'd pay for Dallara formula cars DLC. And I can see rfactor2 going in the direction of European junior series.

Anyway I love the new UI! Never been a fan of HDR though. Hopefully you can turn all these effects off... Because I don't like how the lighting in clear sky setting looks.

Any news on tyre model?

11. Uff

Uff Registered

My thought too. :)
    Also, the Nola screenshot shows why I'm not a big fan of this track: everything is literally flat. The lack of 3D grass makes the grass texture look completely streched and washed out from this perspective, something that literally brings me back memories of the F1 Challenge 99-02 days. :(
    A part of this, which I know is a design decision, everything else sounds really promising.

Guimengo likes this.
  12. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Agree. Would like to see a modder in the beta converting the SRW Mid Ohio to rF2 DX11 just for the sake of showing how it looks, no need to share the track itself

13. Onaflyer

Onaflyer Registered

VR! YESSSSSSSSS

bluet likes this.
  14. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

All is looking good so far. Nice to see that there are improvements made in the right areas, like clouds, shadows and light glows. The PP effects look a tad overdone for my taste, but that's something that is easy to tweak I guess. What needs more improvements though is the objects casting no shadows at night, atleast in that screenshot.

The UI looks ok, but I think you should try to fill the space more efficiently. Right now there is alot of space wasted and the elements are too small. Next to that the tiny blue numbers are hard to read for me on the grey background.

Overall I like what I see though and I am looking forward to the future content. :)

15. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Me gusta :D

16. ericRacer

ericRacer Registered

+1

17. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Very good work S397!!!Love the direction the sim is going!!!Finally!!!
    Sorry if I will be "that guy" of sorta but because those are still wip screens I noticed some little things...
    1) I agree with @Will Mazeo, we need some grass, I am not a cow but I think we need it, some flats tracks will benefit of it...
    2) Shadows, the cars ones are ok but the objects near track need to cast shadows too
    3) Dashboard blue light is too strong
    4) Can we have back WIND?Because moving trees during rain will be great
    5) like the new UI but there is a lot of wasted space, are we sure we need to scroll to find the options we need?
    Something designed like this will be more easy to navigate
    [​IMG]
    6) do you think to change GUI too?We need a trackmap and better widgets on screen
    7) do you think to update marshalls 3d models and 2D spectators?I think the last ones are ugly as...well you know...

bluet and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  18. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

minimalist UI are you serious? sorry but is ugly! :eek:

Wait to see how it is before you want to change!

bwana likes this.
  19. Emery

Emery Registered

Missing a targeted release date announced as a hopeful possibility back in October by only a month is doing pretty good!

Graphics are definitely coming together! My earlier comment about the shadows being too deep/dark in the development pics has been nicely addressed and I find these to be pretty dang good. Love the night light glow.

I popped into pCARS the other day to figure out what I did and did not like about their graphics. Too shallow depth-of-field makes mediocre textures look better, but they overdid it IMHO and you don't get a natural eyeball experience. Same with the glossy plastic shine all their cars have.

On the other hand, something they spanked that is missing in rF2 is the retinal whammy you get when the sun is 100% reflected. Like the thin line of reflection at the edge of a bumper.

Those of you who think the setup screen is too sparse must not be following the axiom of "change only one thing at a time"? Personally, I like the organization Studio 397 is proposing for the setup screen. For the beginners out there, I do hope a simplified edit screen is available, like in rF1 and SCGT, where there's a slider for downforce, another for balance, and a third for gearing.

Next announcement is content... hmm?

bluet likes this.
  20. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

No no, wait, the current design is ok, I just think they have a lot of free space and maybe they can try to move the options from the bottom to a column like the one on minimalist Ui just to avoid to scroll to find the options you need...