Latest Roadmap Update - July 2017!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stan

Stan Registered

Most of the video's on the community video thread have massive stutterings...
    Well, I comment... really bored now.
    "... so much underway" seems like an ISI Copyright!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  2. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

If
    you want everything for free then you accept that the sim content and feature wise will not progress much,do you want a repeat of isi,where nothing really progressed.

I for one am really happy to see they are going the paid item route,I want to "invest" so this sim can grow with momentum,there's already enough content for people who don't want to pay to help the sim move forwards.

This is a good thing make no mistake,because the member base is so small thetc can't rely on on the one off purchase price to help drive this forwards,plus they made online free for heavens sake,there will always by guys supplying free mods anyway,so everyone will be catered for.

This road map really had bolstered my confidence in s397,and some of us need to remember they are a small team that has only been here a very short time,they are sim racers at heart,and they know what needs to be done,it's the priority order that will differ,so be patient,and support them,they aren't the size of codemasters and don't have the revenue of those types of dev teams.
    Thanks for you continued work s397,this roadmap is excellent,the future is bright

John, David Kolody, bwana and 10 others like this.
  3. Tackset

Tackset Registered

To have a successful online racing structure you will need to match up drivers with similar skill / speed / racecraft. There will be some drawbacks, like the automated determining of off tracks and car to car incidents. That will be suboptimal because live marshalling to all online races is not possible. However, if you want to have a healthy online racing ecosystem, this is very important to have in place.

On iracing, Leagues and single user sessions are excluded from the rating. Not sure how rf2 will handle this. From the post i gather that leagues will be included in the rating, but that would be speculation.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  4. patchedupdemon

Why is it only some people and not all that have these issues,that says user specific or even user induced rather than global bug

bwana likes this.
  5. Jego

Jego Registered

Thanks for the blog update.

Out of curiosity, when can we expect the next update to be released?

F1Aussie likes this.
  6. Stan

Stan Registered

@patchedupdemon "... you want everything for free", no, but I neither want to pay for the others, once again, does the others platform involved in "McLaren World’s Fastest Gamer" would have to pay to participate too?

Guimengo likes this.
  7. patchedupdemon

What are the other games,are they the big console giants with millions of people purchasing all the games they create,every year.
    S397 have one game rf2,which when you look at it only creates revenue through the game purchase price.

I'm amazed isi and s397 have given rf2 so much official free content and kept the doors open for so long to be honest.

Re the quoted part of my post,the first dlc they offer and you don't want to pay for it,you want the car but don't want to pay,what does that say.

John, David Kolody, bwana and 8 others like this.
  8. Stan

Stan Registered

Well, it's the purpose of a beta phase, if few users have the same problem... it's called a bug, no more, no less!
    Sorry, but it's just wrong, most of the video's on the community video thread have massive stutterings... surely not all but a lot!

Guimengo likes this.
  9. Stan

Stan Registered

"McLaren World’s Fastest Gamer" is an incentive by... McLaren and a free advertisement for rf2...
    So now we are going to pay S397 (free) advertising! Very well done S397!

UsedMomo and Guimengo like this.
  10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

not that bothered about online race structure

private leagues are best so just make simple hosting facility and league tools integrated

private leagues are best in iracing not the public servers most of which are empty

bwana and patchedupdemon like this.
  11. Jon

Jon Registered

Excellent roadmap! I'm glad you're introducing DLC content, hopefully that will lead the way to some more official licensing from historic cars. If you are working with McLaren, perhaps you could ask permission and get the relevant data to recreate the McLaren M2B from 1966, and/or the M2A from 1967? Although the M2B would be the first choice so it can raced alongside the Brabham. I know the Spark F1 borrows the livery, but it's vastly over-powered compared to the Brabham.

One line I also noticed was "The car will also be part of a soon-to-be released wider pack". Please, if possible, could these packs be separated into modern and historic content? I'm sure the majority either race one or the other.

Just for the record, I'm totally in favour of the online race structure you have planned. Really looking forward to seeing that.

12. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I am not IT but I have seen many bugs affecting specific systems. This is not an isolated issue but affecting a sufficient number of users to be considered that some type of bug is likely.

The full screen problem has also affected dx11 versions of other titles as you could see if you did a quick Google search.

This attitude of yours reminds me to the the typical reaction when old ALT TAB problem was arised. As some seemed to pursue it was never solved despite it was proven that some specific cars triggered it 100% of the times.

Guimengo likes this.
  13. Stan

Stan Registered

Guimengo likes this.
  14. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Maybe S397 should give you the Mclaren then charge you for Zandvoort . Would you still be unhappy ??
    So far S397 have given me a hugely improved Sim that i payed ISI $20 and nothing to s397 . I am so happy to finally be able to give something back to them . I am surprised that Zandvoort is going to be free !
    In a few months i'm going to give SMS $80 for their game , i cant remember how much i gave Sector 3 , maybe $110 , Kunos have about $80-$90 (whatever all DLC cost) and AMS is another great Sim that only cost $30 with season pass . Again rF2 was ONLY $20 , for 500 hours of fun ! come on S397 charge me some money .
    Here i give you some now , how should i pay you ? release something so i can pay you !

15. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

So... You don't want everything for free but you don't want to pay to others... Not sure if I'm understand where's the problem... ISI should have a system that allowed people to sell they work not for free long time ago. I'm pretty sure that we had more content and with more quality that we already have. There must be rules of course but after that you are free to buy or not...

Jon and patchedupdemon like this.
  16. patchedupdemon

My attitude??? Oh dear,if someone doesn't agree with you they have attitude now.

Those alt tab and full screen aren't rf2 specific,they are related to windows,well that's what I have learned
    Again thank you for proving my point,you obviously do not want to participate within helping rf2 grow,and actually you seem quite resentful that they are giving you an option to buy something they have spent a lot of time and money on creating.
    cheapskate

17. Tackset

Tackset Registered

Absolutely agree, as far as racing by appointment goes. Leagues provide the best racing, but the worst frequency.
    Drivers new to the sim need a lower threshold to start driving online and be able to practice racecraft. Having official races with good participation go off every hour is important to engage the newer drivers.

bwana and Adrianstealth like this.
  18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

[QUOTE="patchedupdemon, post: 905968,
    cheapskate[/QUOTE]
    LOL

19. patchedupdemon

There blind and then there's b
    I apologise for calling you a cheap skate,that was uncalled for,but the fact is they aren't forcing you to buy anything,you already have a ton of mods tracks and official content to play with.
    So why are you so resentful of free advertising for rf2,any advertising is good,or is it all about you and you only that matters

20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Have you Googled "Mclaren World's Fastest Gamer" , I just did and it seems that all platforms and titles are involved , most with paid content .

patchedupdemon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.